problem with nvidia geforce 4 mx440 drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rony

Hi

i have suse 9.2 installed..on a p4 system with 512 ram and geforce 4 mx440 128mb ram

the latest nvidia driver for geforce 4 mx440 (version 66.29) doesnot run due to
a) kernel source problem-- says that kernel sources have to be installed, whereas i have done it already when i do sh ............. -q

b) says rivafb module is causing conflict, etc. when i do sh ..... -q -n . however on ignoring this, it installs the driver, but display is corrupted.
(on testing with sax2)

on trying the 6111 driver, it installs w/o conflicts, but still the display is corrupted (on running sax2)

due to some network problems i cannot run YOU . is there a workaround?
pls help....

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
for the kernel source download the kernel source and put it in /usr/src and see that there is a soft link linux pointing to your kernel source. Next the warning about rivafb is ok nvidia driver runs despite the warning but if you want to get rid of it then you have to remove the module from the kernel and recompile the same without rivafb (use vesafb instead) ok after the kernel and driver is loaded modify the XFree86.conf file as said in the documentation things like change video driver to nvidia from nv and some modules have to be removed its all in the documentation note all this has to be done with xserver switched off . Once done restart x and check by running glxgears also you will get the nvidia spash screen on start of x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom