monkey

Padawan
I have an office PC with the following config:

MoBo: Gigabyte B450M Gaming
CPU: AMD R3 3200G
RAM: Gskill 1x8GB @3200MHz
SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe
PSU: Antec VP450W

Just a few days back my PC started behaving weirdly. First it did not boot properly as the system did come ON but there was no display. I restarted the system but then it switched OFF immediately (without going into POST screen). This happened atleast 3-4 times. Then again it started (fans were spinning) but with no display.

Next day I replaced the RAM from my other PC and the system started working fine. I suspected it to be the RAM issue and sent the same for RMA. I started using the PC from the borrowed RAM from the other PC. But I was noticing that the PC was not working properly (as if it is burdened with lots of bloatware - though it was not the case).

A few days later I thought of updating the PC (including BIOS) completely and reinstall Windows 10. But before I could update Windows the same problems have reappeared.

Now I feel the RAM is not the culprit as I had RAM from other PC installed. So what could be the problem? Motherboard? How do I check it? Since PC was working sometimes, hence I do not believe it to be the PSU issue.

quicky008

Technomancer
antec's vp series psus are not that reliable-you should check with an alternative psu to determine whether the problem was being caused by the older power supply or not.

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
PSU is less than 2 years old. Also if it is PSU issue then starting problem should be everytime. But, like I said earlier, the problem is frequent and not constant. Still I will try to get an alternate PSU and check.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
PSU is less than 2 years old. Also if it is PSU issue then starting problem should be everytime. But, like I said earlier, the problem is frequent and not constant. Still I will try to get an alternate PSU and check.
so sorry but imho its not right to jump to conclusions without checking when electronic items are concerned. as i have posted earlier, i have faced something similar and thought it must be on/off switch or mb issue. later it was diagnosed as psu issue. rest is up to you.

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
Sorry for late reply as I was travelling..

Have rains begun in your place?
No, they hadn't when the problem started occurring. Infact it was bone dry here. Why?

Also, I have tried my system with new PSU as some had suggested but even now the system is shutting down randomly (I think it is now become even more regular). Even new RAMs are causing the same problem. Is now MoBo the culprit or even CPU is a suspect?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got the MoBo few days back and the system is running fine now....Problem solved!

sorry for my late input and nice to know the issue has been solved but going through your post I feel like the cpu cooler somehow became loose .. hence you faced all those issues.

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
I think I spoke (or rather posted) too soon...the problem's back...:wah:

I am speechless now....I think Gigabyte service centre has just done BIOS reset and nothing else. I was suspecting that earlier too but since the system was working fine I thought its just me thinking that way. But now my suspicion has become stronger...what to do now???

Willjoe

Broken In
How can I fix computer random shutdowns in Windows 10?
  1. Update your drivers.
  2. Turn off the Sleep mode.
  3. Turn off Fast Startup.
  4. Tweak advanced power settings.
  5. Use Windows Shutdown Assistant.
  6. Check CPU temperature.
  7. Update BIOS.
  8. Check HDD state

Regards,

Top Bottom