Problem with my DVD RW..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

medmonster

Broken In
okay recently i have assembled my new CPU which is(core i3,DH55TC mobo,sapphire HD 5670 graphics,2 GB DDR3,500GB WD),the problem i had this mobo does not have any IDE port.
So i connected my DVD(SONY DVD RW DW-Q30A)through a IDE to SATA adapter,but my DVD drive only detecting CD's,when i insert any DVD,n when i click the drive it shows nothing.
I think its not reading DVD's,is it the problem with my mobo or smthing else.

khmadhu

change is constant!!
may be IDE to SATA adapter is not of good quality..
or else better replace DVD RW and bring SATA DVD RW,

some converters will not work properly with some motherboards..

i had this type of problem(was not detecting) with ps/2 to usb mouse/keyboard converter.then i replaced with original usb mouse/keyboard.

OP
M

medmonster

Broken In
Hey first of all thanks for your inputs,but the problem cd's are working totally fine,the problem occur when i insert DVD's.
so,it mean mobo detecting HDD,n IDE to SATA adapter working fine,SO i there something else you have to suggest me.

OP
M

medmonster

Broken In
well thanks mate,i will surely gonna make some changes,should is i buy a new drive,n if i buy a new. then which for company i better go for..

rohanmathew

Reader of Trust 2009
I suggest LG.You can go for lightscribe if you are able to get lightscribe cd.LG now also comes with protection features.Sony DVD has durability.Samsung would be a bad choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom