Problem with monitor provided with HP Pavilion t860i PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronweasley

Broken In
first here are the specs:
PC: HP Pavilion t860i
Intel p4 540J
Graphics: ATI Radeon X300SE (ASUS)(provided by HP)
Motherboard: ASUS PTGD1-LA (provided by HP) (915G chipset)
Monitor: HP PAVILION mx704 17" flat crt

The Problem:
1. a spark (or a small diagonal white line) appears at a corner when switched on and disappears as soon as display is visible.

2. display very dim while booting. slowly flickers and gains full brightness after few min.

3. display becomes ABNORMALLY BRIGHT later on.

can someone tell whats happening as THERE IS A NEW SYMPTOM EVERY FEW DAYS.

PLEASE HELP ME as the engineer says nothing's wrong!!!

Thanks.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
The problem may be with ur monitor.Get it serviced by HP.While booting, some monitors gain perfect picture after few seconds .It takes time (few secs) for CRT monitors to become stable.But if it is abnormal get it serviced.
But the problem may also be with ur graphics card.But the chances are low.
Check ur graphics card by connecting it in some other machine.If it works then ur monitor is faulty,but, if it fails then ur graphics card is faulty.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Hey same thing used to happen with me. I jst used to set the brightness for the menu. It happened and stopped automatically. But I sold my system b4 some weeks.

OP
R

ronweasley

Broken In
ive checked the card but there are no problems. the card is perfect. but the dim while booting is unusual. it is almost invisible and flickers to full brightness and not smoothly. just know the "white line" has intensified to a triangle shaped spark like thing. what could be the problem. can anyone give the technical details?????

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
If ur graphics card is fine then ur monitor is faulty.......>>>There is 1 thing u can do to stop that flickering ,but only in windows...ok..........Right click on the desktop>>properties>>settings>>Advanced>>Monitor>>then increase the refresh rate to 75 Hertz>>but make sure ur monitor supports that refresh rate>>but most 17" monitors do support atleast 75 hertz at 1024X768 resolution.>>If u are running ur monitor as a Plug And Play monitor then it will tell u in case ur monitor does not support that RR.I'm not sure wheather this will work>>That is why get ur monitor serviced........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom