Problem with Micromax X600(Gravity)-need assistance.

quicky008

Technomancer
I recently purchased a used micromax x600 cell phone from a relative.The device itself is merely 2 months old.I have been facing a peculiar problem with it from the very day it was bought.Whenever I connect it to my PC via the bundled usb cable and select Mass Storage from the phone,its internal memory and the memory card installed in it(2 GB kingston) get detected as two removable drives.When i attempt to check the contents of the phone's internal memory and that of the memory card immediately after connecting it to the pc,i can view all the files on them.But when i try checking them a few minutes after it has been connected,the contents of both the removable drives are shown as blank!Its only after i physically remove the cable and reconnect it to the phone that i can view the contents of those drives once again but strangely,their contents are displayed as blank if i keep the phone connected for a couple of mins. to my pc and then try to access the drives.Can anyone explain why this is happening?

Also while trying to copy a large file to the phone's memory card,an error is displayed after about 50% of it has been copied and then the process halts.This is very annoying to say the least! Occasionally(but not always),i get an error that says "the usb device has malfunctioned" as soon as I connect the phone to my PC but i can still access its memory card and int. memory anyway:-(.Why is this happening?Has the phone developed any kind of fault?The guy who sold me the phone is claiming that it used to work just fine on his pc!

Someone please help me-i require immediate assistance.This problem is driving me nuts!:-(:-(

Last edited:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Try to replace your microSD card and then try again. If the problem persists, then the fault lies with the phone. If not... then you need to replace the memory card.

Last edited:
OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
@amalek:Thanks for replying.I'll do what u have suggested and keep u posted about the outcome.

I forgot to mention that i do not face any issues while trying to access the microSD card or the phone's int. memory from the phone itself,it only happens when i connect it to my pc.This device is still under warranty-should i get it checked at its service centre in case this problem persists?Will their technicians be able to fix it for me?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
@amalek:Thanks for replying.I'll do what u have suggested and keep u posted about the outcome.

I forgot to mention that i do not face any issues while trying to access the microSD card or the phone's int. memory from the phone itself,it only happens when i connect it to my pc.This device is still under warranty-should i get it checked at its service centre in case this problem persists?Will their technicians be able to fix it for me?

I am sure they would be able to solve the problem. It could also be a defective connecting cable. But since the phone is under warranty, you should try that route first...

Cheers!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Take it to service centre. they usually replace the phone as they don't have much 'service' options.

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
Thanks to all of you for lending me ur valuable suggestions.I have stopped using the bundled usb cable and have switched over to another cable that I use with my nokia phone and this seems to have resolved the problem coz now I am being able to access the phone's memories with no problems whatsoever even when i keep it connected to my PC for several minutes.I think the data cable i was using earlier was faulty.Should this problem ever resurface then I intend to get the phone replaced from micromax's service centre.

Last edited:
Top Bottom