Problem with explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

manuajith

Broken In
In win 98,whenever i try to open my computer windowm,the system hangs.I can access the files through the taskbar shortcut and theres no other problem.When i try to restart when the system hangs,it says explorer.exe not responding.What can i do to solve this problem without reinstalling the OS?

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Seems like problem with some network component shortcuts on My computer. Delete useless Network connections. Keep it limited to Drives only. Provide a snapshot of the My computer menu. Please post the JPEG as a attachment to the reply. I am under firewall which prevents images from Photo-sharing domains. Hence can't view it now.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
there may be many causes behind this...may be affested from virus..may be registry problem....

Can you tell little more,like wht happened exactly before this problem

Try to restore the system..and than post the result plz.

OP
M

manuajith

Broken In
As i am not able to open the my computer window i cant provide the snapshot.Its win98 so theres no restore option.But what baffles me is that SOMETIMES there seems to be no problem at all.But most of the time it doesnt open.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
manuajith said:
As i am not able to open the my computer window i cant provide the snapshot.Its win98 so theres no restore option.But what baffles me is that SOMETIMES there seems to be no problem at all.But most of the time it doesnt open.

Ok. Clean up unwanted shortcuts to Network components when you are able to see My Computer menu and do post a snap-shot....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom