Problem with AdAware Free Edition

kisorgovinda

Broken In
I have for long time used AdAware SE Personal Edition to keep my PC free form Adware and Spyware free. It was very fast and gave good results.

Recently I downloaded the latest version AdAware 2009 (perhaps the version name is right). It took long time to download and install, coulnot be updated from downloaded definition files, long time to scan and repair and ultimately the system started to behave wierdly and finally I had to reformat my hard disk. So, I discontinued using it.

I feel my PC has got spyware problem though licensed version of Quickheal has been installed.

Kindly help me to get aroung the problem.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Scan your system using:

1. McAfee AVERT Stinger (must)
2. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (must)
3. Emsisoft Anti-Malware (try once, fully updated)
4. Ashampoo Anti-Malware (optional)

Also get rid of QuickHeal & install AntiVir Personal. Update & scan your system. Scan your system with Advanced System Care once to fix any problem left/caused by Ad-aware or by any malware. than reply here if the problems are gone. else will have to take alternate route.

OP
K

kisorgovinda

Broken In
Scan your system using:

1. McAfee AVERT Stinger (must)
2. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (must)
3. Emsisoft Anti-Malware (try once, fully updated)
4. Ashampoo Anti-Malware (optional)

Also get rid of QuickHeal & install AntiVir Personal. Update & scan your system. Scan your system with Advanced System Care once to fix any problem left/caused by Ad-aware or by any malware. than reply here if the problems are gone. else will have to take alternate route.

I have used Stinger and Emsisoft then used System Care. The system is now quite faster but sometimes web pages or office files takes long time to open.

Top Bottom