Problem to harddisk drive because of Raw read error

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
n Last 2 years, I have lost 4 harddisk because of RAW READ ERROR RATE ..3 western digital green and western digital blue ,for those harddrive to work I have to continously swap the sata ports where as harddisk in laptop is working flawlessly for about 3 years , what could be the exact problem Power supply (using a local one , planning to get a corsair VS450 ) , SATA ports in motherboard or harddisk problem but my IDE harddisk drive worked well ..and also one optical drive died

my current config
Intel pentium dual core E5700
gigabyte G41-ES2l
2+1 GB kingston DDR2 RAM
1 TB western digital green( RMA)
500 GB western digital caviar (has 5 weak sectors and few bad sectors ,planning to RMA it )
and a Local zebronics PSU 450 watts

please suggest some solution ..

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
n Last 2 years, I have lost 4 harddisk because of RAW READ ERROR RATE ..3 western digital green and western digital blue ,for those harddrive to work I have to continously swap the sata ports where as harddisk in laptop is working flawlessly for about 3 years , what could be the exact problem Power supply (using a local one , planning to get a corsair VS450 ) , SATA ports in motherboard or harddisk problem but my IDE harddisk drive worked well ..and also one optical drive died

my current config
gigabyte G41-ES2l
2+1 GB kingston DDR2 RAM
500 GB western digital caviar (has 5 weak sectors and few bad sectors ,planning to RMA it )

I too had the same PSU, changed it 3 times and then tried mercury 450W, but also my hdd's failed...
seagate 500GB failed every 6 months :( three times hdd rma'ed
went to corsair CS430V2 everything ok now...
idk if this is really the cause of the issue, again hdd failed
so changed ups from numeric 600va to apc 600va as i got hissing sound from PSU
now using old drive until rma drive comes :-x:banghead::tired::cryeyesout:

Last edited:

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA

my current config
gigabyte G41-ES2l
2+1 GB kingston DDR2 RAM

Hey you FRIEND...the PSU is the culprit.You should change the PSU immediately not ASAP.

When I initially had a PC(ASSEMBLED BRAND NEW COMPONENTS) in 2007,It was handled by a CRAPPY I-ball PSU(falsely marketed as 400W;but power was of 250W only).
One day the PSU sparked and took down with it my SEAGATE 320GB HDD(most important there were important Files & pics. which I didn't BACK-UP) and so the software worth of more money + Info. simply vanished.
You should be much aware by now through your wisdom + experience...particularly within TDF community.

Top Bottom