Problem playing DVD video in ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Playing vcds is fine but whille playing DVD videos i got small thick lines along with the video in case of totem. Same is the case with VLC player. In windows the video playback is fine except the same problem while playing with VLC player. Is there some problem open source player in playing DVD videos ??
Tried it on my friends system (with ubuntu) same problem.Any solution plz

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
what. I have installed Gstreamer-ugly,bad(also multiverse)and ffmpeg as mentioned in ubuntu user guide.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Try installing MPlayer and check if that one plays it well or not. VLC sometimes is just not the solution :)

Code:
sudo apt-get install mplayer

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Heres the screenshot
*cid-382ddf3833ef404c.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Screenshot.png

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
Thats Interlace Problem! Try a different DVD! (or see whether some 'De-Interlacing' is possible)

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
The deinterlacing is also not helping

[xubz] said:
Thats Interlace Problem! Try a different DVD! (or see whether some 'De-Interlacing' is possible)
But the same dvd is playing fine in windows

Last edited:
OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Not yet. But the problem is solved to sum extent after choosing deinterlace option in VLC player. How to enable deinterlace option by default ? Is there any disadvantage of doing so as it is not enabled by default

praka123

left this forum longback
did u sudo apt-get install libdvdcss2?it solves.for all players make sure xv(ideo) is used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom