PROBLEM installing modem drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

slugger

Banned
i am currently facing this strange problem. my current os is win2k3 with sp2 installed. i have taken an internet connction from bsnl [plan 500]. earlier when i had formatted my hdd and reinstalled d drivers using the setup.exe file, the installation went without a hitch and i was able to access the internet immediately afterwards. however this time after i formatted my hdd and tried to reinstall the drivers, firstly it shows dat it is installing d drivers but takes excruciatinlgy long time to progress, however once it reacles compleation it tells dat it was unable to install d drivers

*img175.imageshack.us/img175/2540/modembj0.gif

and then asks me to unplug d modem and

*img152.imageshack.us/img152/4673/unplugvh6.gif

then restart the computer.

*img187.imageshack.us/img187/3918/rebootjs1.gif

what is funny is dat when i try to install it through windows add hw wizard and point out d location of the fil, the installation goes fine and i have even been able to connect to the net. however at this ssame time as windows wizard is running, the driverz setup also starts and tries to install d drivers. once it fails to install d drivers and i click on the finish button my xisting running internet connection also stops. in fact even now i've connected using my win wizard even as my driver setup is saying dat it is unable to install d drivers
they have provided me with a huawei smartax mt882 adsl router
plaease help me thanx

OP
slugger

slugger

Banned
hey folx
me thik i found a soln. i jusy uninstalled d win2003 sp2 and then installd d driverz and it installed just fine. after dat i re-installed d sp2 and now i have a proper connexion. but dis strange message dat i keep getting is dat everytime i connect, win givez me dis message dat connectivity iz limited or no connectivity at all. but when i connect to calcutta.bsnl.co.in 2 chk my speed i get avg speed of around 1.7 Mbps. so i guess alls fine with my connexion [or is it?]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom