Problem in starting my system

Status
Not open for further replies.

raviramgopal

Broken In
Hi,
I had bought a new system in april and following is my configuration.
Intel Core2 duo e8400
MSI p35 neo combo
Xpertvision Nvidia geforce 9600gt
Western Digital HDD 250GB sata II
Transcend 2gb RAm
Cooler master 600W PSU

Even from the frist day,when i tried staring my system ,it would start and stop around 2 times and then finally start and the system works fine.
So i just neglected this issue.
However from the past 2 days,i have been facing these issues
1)the start stop process happens around 4 times(sometimes it starts and i get a blank screen and i cant do anything).
2)when it finally starts ,i get an error message saying:
Warning!the previous performance of overclocking is failed and the system is restored to the default settings.press any key except delete to enter setup

PS:i havent overclocked anything and i dont know how to.
I would like to know what the problem is,
and how it can be sorted out.
Thanks,

paroh

Padawan
Go to Bios and restore the factory default setting and also confirm that there is no software related to over clocking is running in ur windows

Last edited:
OP
R

raviramgopal

Broken In
Thanks.
i have only the Xpertvision utility software installed which came along with my driver.

@paroh
i went to to the bios and selected the default optimized settings(F6).Is this the same as factory default settings?

I also wanted to know if i have to change my UPS because the customer service told me my ups was for a 300W PSU and whether this has anything to do with the problem i am facing

Last edited:

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
the UPS is not related to your problem...yeah mine is a 500VA APC and has the power supply as corsair HX620W 620W in another PC

it may be an issue with your motherboard..search for info relating to flashing the BIOS..or you can also make sure that auto overclocking or something similar is turned off which could be turned on by default...

OP
R

raviramgopal

Broken In
@realdan
My bios version is 1.3,the latest being 1.6,should i flash the BIOS?

I want to know which settings i should load..
Load fail safe defaults or optimized defaults.After i loaded the optimized defaults,i don't get the warning message but the system starts and stops around 3 times before it finally boots.

I also wanted to know if it is necessary to change my UPS.
Thanks

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
i think you should look at the BIOS update and see if it states that the update will solve the problem...
in this forum..someone has the abit ip35 which also do not the same ..double boot to boot windows...i think the bios update most probably will fix that
does the fail safe default work? probably not..i guess thats why u try the optimized default

no need to change the UPS for the moment..first flash the BIOS and do it strictly according to instruction specific to your motherboard...the manufacturer site has details regarding it...if you dont have the manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom