Problem in Running DVD Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

channabasanna

In the zone
Hi All,

Whenever i run a Movie DVD in my pc, i open it in windows media player 11. The movie runs fine in minimum screen, but when i make the video run in full screen, it will just show visualizations of the media player, not the movie video. I have installed klcodec, also divx.

DivX files and avi files run fine, only the dvd movies fail to run in full screen.

The same movie disc if i run in my laptop, it works fine in full screen.

What should i need to do for this..

I have installed windows media player 11 which was very old, should i download and install the new or recent version of windows media player 11.. The same issue happens in Cyberlink Power DVD

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
is it necessary to run it in Windows media player? why don't you just ue VLC Player. No issues like this will crop up. don't waste your time by using WMP.

Beta Waves

Journeyman
If your OS is XP and running any applications like Yahoo widgets, Rocket Dock, True transparency ..... Quit these applications ..... Or disable Hardware Acceleration in Cyberlink Power DVD .... Actually there is a fix available for this .... I will post when i get the link

Log_net2

Broken In
But when it is running fine in my laptop (Vista), why it is not running in my XP PC

I think Xp has compatibility issue with DVD.I could not run most DVD with wmp 11 with Klcodec (could run with wmp classic come along with klcodec) installed.

is it necessary to run it in Windows media player? why don't you just ue VLC Player. No issues like this will crop up. don't waste your time by using WMP.

+1

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
Even in media player classic when i run the dvd's in small screen they work fine, when switched to full screen the same happens, it shows only audio visulaization.

Samething happens in WMP11, but works in DivX player.

This issue started when i got my new rig, in my earlier rig nothing was the issue. Is it because of any driver problems. I have updated my nvidia forceware to recent one.

New

Padawan
Use GOM or VLC players.. But, i suspect why It's not playing in Power DVD too.. Try to reinstall the video driver once..

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
missing codec or broken codec, reinstalling codec pack will make your media player work fantastic.;)

hey, man wmp10 may also solve your problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom