Problem in internet access through GPRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
This might equally pertain to the Mobile forum. Anyway, while accessing GPRS internet (Airtel connection) on my office PC through a serial cable, I do not feel much problems. But on my laptop, through a USB cable, I always find a problem. Once when I disconnect and then again try to connect the internet, without restarting the system (Win XP), the connection always fails. It says that modem is not configured. Frequently even restarting the system, the oprolem remains. I would have to uninstall and reinstall the modem, and some times, the connection succeeds without even restarting the system, at others i would have to restart the system. At tims, I would have to change even the Port foir the USB cable and in that case, for modem, it would not accept the same port, mentioning that the port is in use. Any suggestions so as I always get quicker connections in place of wasting my time in un-re- installing USB and modem.

rentacoder

Broken In
which handset do u use.
U might try connecting to gprs using the handset itself,before connecting to your laptop. Once your mobile is logged on,then attach it to your laptop and then dial or connect from their. I think this will work .

rentacoder

Broken In
i use nokia 6681 and 7710.used to face the same problems u mentioned.tried the above trick now i get connected in a snap.

choudang

Padawan
i'm using N6610i, [prv i had N6610]--- its going fine for me. i used to connect it with my PC, Laptop even with my Office Laption also. but nothing goes wrong expt the link failure, this is a common problem with IrDA cable. Try to use Bluetooth or DKU-5 with prolific driver. and increase the speed in properties. currently i'm connecting @460.8 kbps :?: but GPRS provides only 14.3kbps without 3GPP or EDGE.

mohit sharma
what does it costs 2 connect with airtel ??

mobile office: @249
Wap over GPRS: @99
this is for NESA, don't know abt other circles.

*www.danasoft.com/sig/greatwarrior.jpg

OP
A

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
@Mohit Sharma
Check airtelworld.com or call 9849012345 for the teriff in your state. GPRS (Mobile Office) is Rs 750, but they offer rebates up to Rs 501 (making it Rs 99) and the rebates vary from circle to circle. Wap is however Rs 99 (to browse only the Wap enabled sites on your handset only). At Nagpur, the rebate is Rs 600 and at Hyd it is Rs 501.

freezer

Journeyman
You must have windows xp sp2 installed. There is conflict in blutooth drivers as sp2 comes preloaded with the same. so don't install drivers that came with the dongle. I hope this should resolve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom