PROBLEM ABOUT VIDEO CARD

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolrupesh

Right off the assembly line
I HAVE A VIDEO CARD(NVIDIA GEFORCE 4 MX 440 WITH AGP 8X) AND 128 MB MEMORY. THE PROBLEM WITH IT IS THAT IT TAKES LARGE CPU USAGE .WHEN I CHECKED IN THE TASKBAR IT SHOWED ME RSCMPT.EXE FILE USED ABOUT (80 TO 90%) OF CPU USAGE.WHEN I CHECKED OUT INFORMATION ABOUT THIS FILE ON NET. I FOUND THAT THIS PROCESS(RSCMPT.EXE)IS USEDTO RUN THE MEMORY OF VIDEO ABOVE 32 MB IF THE VIDEO CARD HAS MEMORY MORE THAN 32 MB.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT AS I AM FACING SEVERE PC USAGE PROBLEMS.

MY HARDWARE DETAILS:
P4 2.4 GHZ
256 MB RAM
INTEL 865GBF MAINBOARD

MY SOFTWARE DETAILS:
WINDOWS XP PRO WITH SP 2 [/b]

Here's what I found when I googled for RSCMPT. This is not a solution, but may help you figure out a workaround

Well, well, well. What have NVidia either done, or allowed to happen ?! There is absolutely nothing positive we can say about this task. It goes like this : you purchase an NVidia chipset card and install the drivers – you have Windows 2000. Let’s say the card is a 64Mb graphics card. If you install the NVidia drivers from the NVidia site, you find that your card gets recognised as only a 32Mb card. If you then decide to install the drivers from the CD that came with the card, you find that your card gets recognised successfully but there is a new task running, RSCMPT, which gobbles up CPU resources, up to 99% sometimes. So, to summarise : without RSCMPT your card gets recognised at boot-up as the card you bought, a 64Mb card, but when you are in Windows it gets recognised as only half that, 32Mb. On the other hand, with RSCMPT Windows recognises your card properly but your PC slows down to a crawl.

Recommendation :
Something is not right, whether with Windows 2000, or the NVidia chipset under Windows 2000, or the implementation of the NVidia chipset by 3rd party graphics cards manufacturers. One thing for sure, something is definitely not right with RSCMPT. At the time of writing, 29-Dec-2002, a search for RSCMPT on the NVidia site yields nothing, and that is not right as, with so many users experiencing difficulties, they must know about the problem (even if it has nothing to do with them, ie. it is the fault of 3rd party manufacturers, they should be issuing a statement about it). In our view, if you have just bought the card and you experience this problem, return it and get a different one – be practical, effectively. Note that this problem has also been observed on Windows 98 PCs.

*www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist_r.htm

Tip: Uninstall your graphics drives and try the latest ForceWare drivers from www.nvidia.com

Keith

G

gxsaurav

I have a FX5900XT with 128 MB RAM, no such problem here, never get that exe running, i don't think thats releated to nvidia

gxsaurav said:
I have a FX5900XT with 128 MB RAM, no such problem here, never get that exe running, i don't think thats releated to nvidia

FX5xxx is of a different generation. The problem mentioned above is specific to 4 series MX variants.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Which drivers are you using? Does the latest driver solve the bug?

NVIDIA rebuilt the base driver code for GeForce FX onwards, therefore even drivers for GeForce 6xxx and 7xxx are built on the same base driver code for NV3x (GeForce FX).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom