Prob with Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi-AP

Status
Not open for further replies.

assasin

Banned
i'm having a strange prob with my mobo.its a Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi-AP.bios version is the latest 1221.whenever i increase the fsb to 378 and above the pci-e X16 bus reduces to x1 speed :( (indicated by benchmark scores and by Everest Ultimate Edition).as a result gfx card performance is hit.

when the fsb is again brought down from 378 the pcie x16 bus starts working at x16 speeds.

some1 plz help me out.....

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
^^^ yup pcie bus is forced to 100MHz,pci clk sync is forced to 33.33MHz.
i've tried reseting the bios by removing bios battery.Asus C.G.I is disabled,Force PCIe x1 is disabled.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Assasin never try a Beta version BIOS always try official release.The version 1221 is beta.Sometimes people end up frying up their northbridge or southbridge using beta bios.
It seems you have flashed your bios cause mobos always come with official release bios.In the asus support download center goto latest in ur mobos download page and u'll be notified whether a release is beta or not.
Also please confirm whether before flashing the bios you had reset the settings(everthing including overclocking).

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Just tried this bios .. and its hell buggy !!! darn .. why did i have to try :( ... reverting back to v1216 , which seems to be the best one for my mobo ..... Just as a side not ... with v1221 , i couldn't post if i oc'ed !!! darn .. and many cpu features / other features were missing !! with v1219 , everything was fine , but PECI was missing , along with another 2 or 3 features ... but v1219 was perfectly stable ... v1221 is utter crap for me !!!!! back to v1216 ...

Last edited:
OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
^^^ ok i'll revert to 1216 now my self and post the result.

@harvik buddy even 1216 is beta but the version is stable as reported by Deathvirus_me.i was using that b4 shifting to 1221.

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
didnt get PECI option with v1221.

flashed bios to v1216 but the prob still persists.i've communicated the prob with asus.lets see wat they hafta say.
did u try raising the fsb to 400?did the pcie bus operate at x16 speed at that fsb?

got reply from Asus tech support.

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.

My name is Cooper and it's my pleasure to help you with your problem.

We are sorry for the incovenience that caused, the problem you encountered maybe because the FSB is too high for your devices. Please try to set lower FSB.

now common man,even i know that setting the fsb lower than 378 solves the prob.now wat they did was give me my q as their answer.i wanted to know why this was happening and i want a solution so that pcie x16 bus operates at x16 speeds even at 400fsb.

Last edited:

Kniwor

Learner
@assasin, this is a very common problem with this motherboard, and is not related to BIOS upgrade or FSB, lowering the FSB will not help, instead, change the northbridge voltage in the BIOS after setting the FSB etc to whatever level you want, try 1.55, or auto or whatever, see if that gives you the 16x mode, once it is in 16x and you have achieved the desired overclock, do not enter the BIOS again andagain, you will be fine and running at 16x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom