prob wid wi-fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinmaythakur

Broken In
i m studying in a colg in pune .. we have wi-fi in our campus..the prob is that they have blocked sites like orkut and hi5...wen we open it sayd "the site is forbidden"..and the most prob os that i cant use limewire and torrents..i need them very much..sum1 pls help me..:(

NucleusKore

TheSaint
For orkut and other sites try *www.atunnel.com

For torrents set the port to be used in the programs to port 80. If 80 doesn't work (usually because someone else is using it) try 81, 82, and so on. If none of these work check the proxy settings on your browser and try that port, usually 8080.

joelf15

Journeyman
here duded check this site for proxy's *www.econsultant.com/proxylist/index.html

click any of them and enter the url on the site you should be able to get through..About limewire i guess they have blocked some ports so try using msn port on it if it works gr8!! cheers!!

OP
C

chinmaythakur

Broken In
i knw about proxy sites...i mainly want to use limewire and torrents..and the port here is 3128..which is set in the browser..and the ip adderss in lan settings is 192.168.2.242 .i entered both these infos in bittorrent it still didnt showed ne response :-(

For torrents set the port to be used in the programs to port 80. If 80 doesn't work (usually because someone else is using it) try 81, 82, and so on. If none of these work check the proxy settings on your browser and try that port, usually 8080.

i mainly want to use limewire and torrents..and the port here is 3128..which is set in the browser..and the ip adderss in lan settings is 192.168.2.242 .i entered both these infos in bittorrent it still didnt showed ne response :sad:

Last edited:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
When you say ip address in lan settings you make no sense to me.
You got the port number 3128, is it a proxy server. If so what is the ip of the proxy server. Enter those proxy details and port number in limewire. You can get the proxy details from Internet explorer-> tools-> options -> connection -> lan settings

For using orkut, enter the address *www.atunnel.com directly in your internet explorer, no need to fiddle around

Last edited:
OP
C

chinmaythakur

Broken In
NucleusKore said:
When you say ip address in lan settings you make no sense to me.
You got the port number 3128, is it a proxy server. If so what is the ip of the proxy server. Enter those proxy details and port number in limewire. You can get the proxy details from Internet explorer-> tools-> options -> connection -> lan settings

For using orkut, enter the address *www.atunel.com directly in your internet explorer, no need to fiddle around

ya the proxy here is 192.168.2.242 and port there is 3128...now wat to do?? will this work in limewire and torrents..i think i couldnt find proxy settings in limewire ..

NucleusKore

TheSaint
In Limewire go to Tools->Options->Advanced->Proxy
Enter the settings there.

I corrected the spelling mistake above, *www.atunnel.com for orkut.

OP
C

chinmaythakur

Broken In
NucleusKore said:
In Limewire go to Tools->Options->Advanced->Proxy
Enter the settings there.

I corrected the spelling mistake above, *www.atunnel.com for orkut.

thanks frnd..i'll try and let u knw..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom