PRINTER - is repair worth it....????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

sincereheart

Broken In
PRINTER - is repair worth it....????????

Hi friends

I have one EPSON LX 300 dot matrix printer which i have been using from last three years.

Now some problem has arisen and it is now beyond my ability to troubleshoot. Seems there is something seriously wrong with the printer.

Problem is that its out of warranty and therefore when i got in touch with EPSON service centre at Kolkata; they said that they would charge RS 351/- to see the printer and if there is minor fault they will rectify it then and there at no further additional charge.

However if there is some major fault or major repair needed, I will have to pay NOT only rs 351/- but also service charges (to be determined when they see the printer after i pay rs 351 for seeing) and also if there is any parts replacement needed...the required parts charge...

DU U THINK THAT ITS WORTH REPAIR....I MEAN I HAVE NO IDEA AS TO WHICH IS BETTER DECISION...TO PURCHASE A NEW PRINTER OR GET THIS ONE REPAIRED...?????????????????????

REGARDS

sunando

Sourabh

Laptoping
Get in touch with local hard ware vendors or any hardware assemblers shop in your area. Enquire them or hand over your printer to them for a few days. Generally particular model of printers have similar problems over a period of time. I got my Epson LQ 300 in office which wasnt printing properly, i called a dealer and he sent a person to repair the printer. There wasnt much problem, as there was some dust collected inside which was cleaned and the printer is running smoothy as of now. And yea he just charged me 100 Rs. for the same. So I would definately recommend this. And if there is some serious problem the technician would tell you the same and if it does turn out to be big problem with ur printer than u din waste too much of a sum to know that. Give it a try.

OP
S

sincereheart

Broken In
hi sourabh....thanks for those great words of wisdom...thanks man...

anyone just having whats cost of lx 300 epson these days...??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom