prevx1 is different !

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
hi. just tried PREVX1 (different from just PREVX).

its a interesting kind of a program which protects your pc from all forms of malware including viruses, trojans, worms and spyware. it is virtually silent in operation allowing you to use and enjoy your PC without interruption. u can install it and virtually forget about malware.

after downloading it u may have to be online and give it say 10 mins of ur time for a full setup, as it first scans ur pc, b4 settling down. after this there are no scans.

its got a different approach. unlike other security products, this one doesnt have signatures ! i m on my 3rd day, and i liked it. maybe some of the more experimentative of u may like to try it too. its got a 60 day trial period, and is around 6mb. :)
click : *shield.prevx.com/routes.asp?R=522

swatkat

Technomancer
Hmm...its one of the "new type" of protection software. It moniters all the key areas (like Registry, System files, Config files, Buffer Overflows etc) of the system and whenever there's an attempt to read/write to these key areas, PrevX blocks them and asks the user (or decides automatically in certain cases), whether it should allow or deny access to these areas.

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
actually swatkat, u r, i think, refering to 'prevx'. had tried that one, but found it too intrusive and questioning.
i am refereing to their new beta 'prevx1', which is different. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom