[Preview + Feedback] Digit September 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
^

I have a similar gripe. I believe that at least one article (probably the cover article) should be extensive and in-depth. At least 25 pages. You might compromise with the total number of articles, to compensate. remember, Quality >> Quantity

OP
FatBeing

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
led_shankar said:
^

I have a similar gripe. I believe that at least one article (probably the cover article) should be extensive and in-depth. At least 25 pages. You might compromise with the total number of articles, to compensate. remember, Quality >> Quantity
The length of our articles is based on a load of market research, and according to that, unfortunately, the average Indian reader doesn't have the patience for a 10-pager, much less 25. Geeks are still in short supply in this country, so we need the non-geeks if we want our money.

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
^

lol......well, maybe then you could put a loooooong list of recommended sites/books for further reading about those topics.......

A

AmbarD

Hi Digit team
I still havent recieved my DIGIT magazine
Please end fast

karmanya

Journeyman
i agree with led_shankar mebbe u could put stuff on your website and even if people dont have patience for a ten pager then why not bring a whole lot of 10 pagers for the magazine, also if u have time constraints for articles then why not get some free lancers to do it i mean some ppl would be happy to submit an article or two even if u dont pay em also why not add stuff from forums?

elumalai

Broken In
U can give long articles which is continued in every magazine..in that way..u can make the readers to look for the coming month magazine eagerly.

And, whats the use in just peeking in into a technology...writing something abt it and leaving it. A vast research level articles which would continously published for more than a year or like...wud be helpful.

karmanya

Journeyman
God I hope that they don't have long issues which are continued in different magazines as that is just crap and a bad idea

blackpearl

The Devil
elumalai said:
U can give long articles which is continued in every magazine..in that way..u can make the readers to look for the coming month magazine eagerly.

I hate to-be-continued articles.

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
Even I disagree with the (well-meant) idea. If you stretch an article on the same topic beyond one issue, the writers and readers both lose their focus and zeal towards it. It is better to have one article in one issue. Besides, it would make the mag predictable.... and then no one would want/need a 'preview' section anymore ;)

elumalai

Broken In
led_shankar said:
Even I disagree with the (well-meant) idea.

ok..i withdraw my opinion..

forgot to tell....
What I wanted is: no one can fully explain anything in IT..in a single issue..almost all the topics consume dozen of books. ( some even hundreds of books )

Last edited:

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
@elumalai: I hope you were not offended. You're right that no one can explain stuff in a single issue; But a magazine does not intend to thoroughly cover a technical topic. What it can do, is to give a helping hand for those who will find it interesting. :)
No worries though, at least there are people here who have concerns beyond DVD/CD software :rolleyes:

sambit87

Right off the assembly line
i also wanted past 12 issues of digit.It has not been published in any month of 2006.It should be published in october 2006.plsssssssssssssss.

sabret00the

Youngling
My Mcafee subscription was over so for me Avast Home Edition 4.7 was something I was thinking of downloading.Instead got Avast Home Edition 4.7
from your cd so thnx.

chaan

Broken In
I cant install Visual Basic 2005 from the CD; There is only one file in the folder VB named VB.iso; How do i open an .ISO file? How can I install VB from there?

Please help

chaan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom