[Preview + Feedback] Digit January 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

g_goyal2000

Youngling
soham said:
Still providing Registry Mechanic 6 when the 7th edition has been out for quite some time???
Dude, are u on dope? Registry Mechanic 6 is the latest version, not 7. Registry Mechanic 6 itself was launched 2 months ago.

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
cd/dvd contents good
as for the mag will have to read it to decide...

-SUDE

pyn.techhelp

Right off the assembly line
contents looks good.

but atleast this month will i recieve it on time.last month i recieved it on 22nd.that doesn't look good.this particular courierservice have never delivered digit to me before 10th.and during dec. it was worst.for a period of 6 months i was getting digit on 5th or 6th then it was delivered by bluedart.then whatsoever happened they changed the courier service.Digit should consider changing to good courier service like AFL , BLUEDART etc..

rajasekharan

Youngling
Never winter nights 2 review :) :) :). You better rate it high DIGIT . I liked the original , playing for 2 years now .and already heard good news about it .gonna buy mag for it :). Rate it HIGH.or i curse you guys

Tapomay

Lazy fat guy..
Too many new and gr8 softwares out there but are not being included in Digit for months. Why ??????

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Tech Geek said:
After you guys receive the mag, can you tell me who is the winner of this month for the beautiful desktop????

just got my copy.the winner is vaibhav sharma from gorakhpur UP.BTW.:D my post(s) is there in the section from the forum.your name is there too man(buy digit company for 120 remember)

Last edited:
OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Tapomay said:
Too many new and gr8 softwares out there but are not being included in Digit for months. Why ??????

Did you "Demand" them in the By Demand thread???

Raaabo

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
haha I'm surprised no one has yet complained about the "flying penises" article. :D

By the way, REALLY good issue. though I haven't tried the CD/DVD yet

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
i am a little selfish but i am happy.This is the first time my name has been published in an all india magazine.;-)
But the title digit has given to it made me hide it from my parents;-)
i will show it to them though:D

Tech Geek

Wise Old Owl
vimal_mehrotra said:
just got my copy.the winner is vaibhav sharma from gorakhpur UP.BTW.:D my post(s) is there in the section from the forum.your name is there too man(buy digit company for 120 remember)
going to buy it tommorow
thanks for the info

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
liked the lead feature.A vintage digit article.
I dont see why someone will object on second life article.:D
and who is going to be the new editor of the mag if DA is leaving.

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
vimal_mehrotra said:
I dont see why someone will object on second life article.:D

haha... people complain about the covers featuring women all the time. So I thought they'd have problems here, too :p

or maybe it is a matter of "personal preference" for them :)

Tapomay

Lazy fat guy..
Raaabo said:
Tapomay said:

Did you "Demand" them in the By Demand thread???

Raaabo

Yes of course. Just see the 'by demand' threads of recent months and you will come across with my long and legal demands which are not fullfiled. Now I posted all of them in 'by demand feb'07' thread. Please have a look and try your best. Thanks...

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=381933&postcount=28

Last edited:

~It_is_Andrew~

Journeyman
I rarerly actually use the disks provided (though they are great :) ) so i dont know if this senario is common but when i decided to pass time with the small old railroad tycoon provided in the digit cd & looked for it ....... in the cd the description went like this - " Invading orcs have enslaved human race ..... "
definitely not the description of railroad tycoon!
(btw the cd was also little broken from the inner plastic,which generally happens while hardly pushing it in those kind of cd cases! it runs though)

Btw I really like the new cd/dvd interface from previous issue.... great work on that!

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
The article on cooling solutions is marvelous.Nice work guys and nice way to portray air flow,clever indeed.I think that gfx cards should be made upside down
so that it can throw air towards the rear fan instead.What do you guys think:D

blackpearl

The Devil
The smoke experiment was brilliant. I have to try that out myself someday.

The budget of Rs 1000 was however a bit high. You can do away with the hard disk cooler and instead make your own. Just use an ordinary 80mm chassis fan and place it on top of the HD. Use strips of rubber cut from an eraser or strips of thermocol to raise the fan about 0.5 cm from the HD and stick them using glue or tape, and you have an effective HDD cooler. Once I installed a heat sink on a HD. LOL!! I had a spare P3 heat sink and some cheap thermal paste. I applied the thermal paste and stuck the heat sink, without the fan, on top of the HD. The result was a 2 degree drop in temp!! If I had placed a fan on top of the heat sink, I bet it would have been the best HDD cooler available :))

Regarding the DVD interface, no improvement is seen. Please make the s/w description available at a single click and on the same screen. Most of the members are requesting the same.

One thing I've noticed is that a good cover page helps generate buyers. When I went to buy this issue, I saw a lady apparently drawn to the particularly attractive cover this month Digit had.
"What magazine is this?", she asked
"Its a computer magazine", the seller replied.
"Is it?"
"What price is it?", "Does it come out each month?" and such questions followed. Though she didn't buy it but she did looked at it for a long time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom