Preview and Feedback [August 2012]

Status
Not open for further replies.

r4gs

In the zone
Sorry folks, on leave again so the feedback thread has again, been neglected :D

Please leave feedback here till I try to get the content ready for the thread.

If in the meanwhile any of you wants to prepare a brief, go ahead!

From what I remember,

Cover story is about freedom, censorship, open source, linux gaming, etc.

devworx
All you need to know about responsive design
In conversation with Lars Hoogweg, CTO, Nimbuzz

Agent 001
CPUs

Tests,
iPod docks,
Linux distros,
GPUs (including SLI, crossfire, OpenGL and encryption benchmarks)

Bazaar
Nikon D4 (error in last month's issue, corrected this time)
Fuji X-Pro 1
LG Optimus 3d,
Nokkia 808, etc...

SKOAR!
Blacklight: Retribution
Lollypop chainsaw,
Diablo III

Fast Track to free everything

Alpha DVD
Blacklight : Retribution (full game)
Red Eclipse (full game)

World's away trailer

Photography lectures (contd.)

40+ free applications

By Demand
NetBeans IDE (cross platform)
MS Office 2010 (trial)
HD wallpapers

Omega DVD
Wikipedia offline dump with reader application (English only)
(dump is 7GB+, you need 14GB+ free space to install, can be relocated to a 16GB pen drive and use as a portable encyclopedia)

Last edited:

ritvij

rated R
awesome Jon Doe article!! super happy with delivery time.. 31st july at 3.30PM i had the mag in my hand! ^.^

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Awesome FastTrack. And awesome delivery time. Had the mag delivered yesterday (31st). (no comments on the main magazine because I haven't read it yet... :p :D )

hari1

In the zone
The magazine is awsome.:-D

And Crack The Code 4 is coming in September:-D:-D:-D

I subscribed to the 3 month aniversery subscription especially for the CTC IV but my subscription ends in August and CTC IV comes in September. Too bad.:-( I will have to buy the magazine seperately.

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
the mag came today( 2nd)
mag- amesome
dvd alpha- eh, disappointing
dvd omega- just crazy.

oh yea ft- didnt read it yet :p

OP
r4gs

r4gs

In the zone
What's the difference between your offline wiki and Offline Wiki ?

Read the fine print. :)
The site you're Pointing to only has the top 314159 articles in its 1gb dump. It isn't a complete offline dump.

The one we have provided is the entire english encyclopedia without images.

Aries

Broken In
Read the fine print. :)
The site you're Pointing to only has the top 314159 articles in its 1gb dump. It isn't a complete offline dump.

The one we have provided is the entire english encyclopedia without images.

Where to get the full english article dump with images from? What is the size of the full dump?

OP
r4gs

r4gs

In the zone
Where to get the full english article dump with images from? What is the size of the full dump?

Just search for it in google. You will find an official link from Wikipedia's site itself. If I remember correctly, the dump was over 14GB in size, with images.

satyadeep

Broken In
The freedom issue was good one, especially I like the idea of offline wikipedia. I wasn't having the wikipedia edition. Thanks for the good one. And the idea of portable netbeans was also great!

pom

Right off the assembly line
The freedom issue was good one, especially I like the idea of offline wikipedia. I wasn't having the wikipedia edition. Thanks for the good one. And the idea of portable netbeans was also great!

Installation Solution plz!! Importing is taking just 40 minutes but after that it is showing absurd 1100 hours[approx] time remaining, fetching those pages. In the instruction manual it is told that It would take only 15-60 minute depending on memory availability !!!!
What to do to complete the setup!! even there are "Sql lite lock" error !!

OP
r4gs

r4gs

In the zone
Installation Solution plz!! Importing is taking just 40 minutes but after that it is showing absurd 1100 hours[approx] time remaining, fetching those pages. In the instruction manual it is told that It would take only 15-60 minute depending on memory availability !!!!
What to do to complete the setup!! even there are "Sql lite lock" error !!

Please read the instructions again. They clearly state, "Depending on your system configuration, this process can take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour or more." so please be patient. It took us 90 minutes to extract at a rate of 3000 pages per minute. I guess you can use that rate as a pointer to your actual extraction time. Even we saw 1100hrs on display but it shouldn't take that long unless you have a really old system. :D

Please follow the instructions to the letter, if you are still getting that error send a mail to dvd @ thinkdigit .com with screenshots and we will get back to you with instructions. :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Finally got this months issue, and have to say it that you guys have done a great job. Glad that CTC IV will be held next month :D

OP
r4gs

r4gs

In the zone
Are you sure you followed the instructions correctly? Please post a screenshot. The option is usually grayed out if the instructions have not been followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom