Prescott Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BONZI

Journeyman
I have a 2.8 E prescott processor. It was fried last month I took it to the dealer and they gave me another one. Now that is also having problem. I think that has fried too. Anyone facing this problem with prescott??

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
perscott is a dead product. Its one of the biggest failures from intel read something about "leakage current" on anandtech. What i suggest get the new 6 series in replacement. In our lab we have lost two perscott over the past three months.

Charley

Just Do It
BONZI said:
It was fried last month, they gave me another one. Now that is also having problem. I think that has fried too.

Whts fried , dude ...... Its an ironic statement.......

Anyways thats always a conked stuff , my friends had that too provided by the company , thank fully it wasnt their own & that busted up

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

OP
B

BONZI

Journeyman
pradeep_chauhan said:
In our lab we have lost two perscott over the past three months.

Was that because of heating problem??? I want to write a complaint to intel regarding this issue. But the point shouldnt be baseless. So I want to confirm this and make sure that this wasnt a problem just faced by me.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
prescotts and heating issues are very well known. Thats why they were such a big failures. Get a good cooling solution and also install software which will monitor ur mobo's temp and ur CPU temps at all times such a Motherboard monitor. Also make sure you have a very well ventilated case to keep the CPU as cool as possible.

OP
B

BONZI

Journeyman
achacko@dataone.in said:
Whts the email id u gonna post 2 ..... Gimme that too

:wink: :wink:

You dont need to worry about that. Chillax .Dude I'm not expecting to shut that company down. I just want to say its a common issue so plz do something atleast suggest some good cooling solution. COMPLAINT DOSENT MEAN THAT I'M GONNA TAKE THEM TO COURT OR SOMETHING VERY SERIOUS LIKE THAT.

srry if I was to harsh :) ;)

And to others thanks for the info that everyone has this problem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom