OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Nice for how much did you bought it??
Around 7.8L. Sportz variant.
Me too, I bought a 2022 registered i20 asta optional for 8 lakhs. Its a showroom display model, under 10k driven. Mostly dad will use it and me, when im in homecity.
Nice.

Though I am thinking of getting an N-Line next. Test drove it and it really feels sporty. Lavish interiors and the performance bursts when you step on the gas, even with a 1 liter petrol engine. However, the dealer only had an automatic for the test drive and I wish they had a manual.

They were quoting 13L on-road and I am a bit too broke right now for getting a first hand. But I heard rumours of a 2024 facelift planned to be announced by Hyundai sometime mid-year, so waiting to see what they cook up. I might consider buying if I can save enough over a couple of more months.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Used car has its benefits, if you are a new driver you should go used. Because there will be dents and scratches in early driving. Better do it on a used car than a brand new one.

Also what I saw, you can get absolutely good deals in the used car market which are nearly brand new. In my case, the car was a showroom display model with all seats and interiors covered in plastic. It was as new as it could get, and getting it for 8L along with warranty and insurance was a steal.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
2nd hand cars are priced so high that I could add 3L more and buy new one.
Just research well, you will get amazing deals. If you are a first time buyer, buy second hand only. Something cheap to get practice. Then buy the best car in your budget after a year or two.

I also suggest to try for display models in showrooms, negotiation would be extremely easy, for them getting rid of these models is just another job they want to get it over with asap, unlike private sellers who have an attachment to their cars who will not budge even 5k.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Don't know about other brands, but for Hyundai the display models are almost always automatic. So if you are looking for manual then you'll most likely be out of luck in that regard.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Don't know about other brands, but for Hyundai the display models are almost always automatic. So if you are looking for manual then you'll most likely be out of luck in that regard.
Nope, they have a range of models, I have manual. i20 asta optional. Just go to their pre-owned section, they will have a list not only display models but people that exchanged their old cars.

In my case, there was a top model verna too, and that was REALLY REALLY tempting. But in my parents apartments, there isnt parking space for 2 big cars. So I opted for i20 asta opt.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Just wanted to add, that if you are working in a good company (probably MNC), and are tenured, checkout if your company have car policy. In such policies, you can get a car leased from company and on loan for 5 yrs. But since the EMI is paid by company it never reaches your salary, and you end up saving loads on tax, plus fuel reimbursements.
For those who are eligible, it's not worth getting 2nd hand car and straight away apply for car from company policy.

Top Bottom