ppoe problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rishav

Broken In
I changed the driver and even changed the NIC but the problem continues.....

I surf internet through ppoe. After surfing for few minutes the internet seems dead. If i ping google or even my gateway it times out. So the only solution is to disconnect and reconnect.

But the problem is if i click disconnect, the ppoe connection goes mad. It doesn't disconnects completely for few minutes. It just says disconnecting. I cant connect or do anything as all the options grays out. Then the network connection page stops responding. If i shutdown my computer it stops at "SAVING YOUR SETTINGS". I cant do anything until the connection disconnects completely which usually lasts for more than 10 minutes.

These days when the internet dies down, i dont disconnect and wait for it to auto disconnect which also happens abount 10 minutes later.

I dont have any viruses or spywares. I use kaspersky, lavasoft adaware and spybot s&d all updated.

Whats the problem?

He28

Still learning...
Hi rishav,

It seems you are facing the problem of Intermittent Sync or connection. First, let me know the make and model of your modem also version of Windows.

Till then try following steps:
1. Switch the computer off.
2. Turn off the modem.
3. Unplug all the cables from the back of modem.
4. Swap the ends of Ethernet cable.
5. Replug all the cable back to modem firmly.
6. Switch on modem first and then computer.
Then check if the issue gets resolved.

If not, delete PPPoE. Create a new one. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, tell me.

Enjoy.
:)

OP
R

rishav

Broken In
Hi,

I use realtek 8139D NIC. Its not cable modem. Its simply a NIC so no modem comes here.

I already tried changing the NIC and plugging it tightly to the computer.

I use windows XP SP2.

He28

Still learning...
Hi rishav
In this case delete PPPoE and reboot. Then create PPPoE again. May be, it's time to see your Internet Service Provider!

OP
R

rishav

Broken In
i have deleted and recreated ppoe many times.

ya i ues kaspersky anti virus. but i have already disabled and tried.

philcom

Bedroom DJ :)
dear Rishav,
as previously very aptly suggested by He28, I think the problem lies with your Adsl modem. If possible try to manage a modem from your friend and get it checked. I hope everything will be ok.

I,myself faced the similar problem a few days back with the same symptoms as clearly stated by you. And I was equally perplexed as you are now because all the lights , ping stats, link status etc. were found to be absolutely ok but I was getting error:678 all the time.
As a last resort I had to take the modem to the mother-exchange of my ISP to find out what was wrong with my modem and at last they found that my modem is faulty and replaced it.
Wish you all the very best,
regards.

He28

Still learning...
Yes, as philcom says the Error 678 can occur if:
- You are dialing the wrong number
- There is a problem at your ISP or in the telephone line/network
- Your modem is unable to handshake with remote modem before allotted time.
Since you already tried everything at your end, try using some other modem/card or call your ISP.
----------------------------
Error 721: The remote computer is not responding.
Error 678: The remote computer failed to respond.
Error 691: Access was denied because the user name and/or password was invalid on the domain.
Error 777: The connection attempt failed because the modem or other connecting device on the remote computer is out of order.
----------------------------
All the best. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom