Broken In
New gaming rig bought

Procy- C2D E8400 Rs. 8050/-
Mobo - MSI P45 Platinum Rs.9995/-
Graphics 2 x Palit HD4850 with 512MB-DDR3 in Crossfire Rs. 10450/- each
RAM - 4GB (2x2gb) G-Skill 800MHZ DDR2 (4-4-4-12 latency) Rs. 6100/-
Cabinet -CM 690i Rs. 3875/-
PSU- Corsair TX650W Rs. 6220/-
HDD - Seagate 250 B 7200.10 series single platter (2 disks, one for OS+apps and other for data) Rs. 2345/- each

tango_cash

In the zone
i got these from chenoy trade center in hyderabad-
Mercury 8600GT 256MB DDR3 - 2300/-
1 GB DDR1 Transcend RAM (tetra pack) - 1400/-
Enterage Power 3 Gold SMPS - 1400/-
all prices including taxes.

mukundpathak

Broken In
yesterday me and my friend purchase:
AMD Phenom X3 8450
motherboard Gigabyte MA78GPM-DS2H(THIS MOTHER BOARD HAVING 128MB DDR3 SIDEPORT MEMORY )
BOTH CPU + MOBI= Rs 10700
2*2GB TRANSEND RAM DDR2 800 MHZ = 2*1850
ASUS DVD WRITER=Rs 1115

Congrats !
Can you please tell why you preferred this Mobo over regular (GA-MA78GM-S2H, i.e. without sideport memory) and what is your experience now ? Any heating issue with Phenom ?

How would you compare your config with AMD X2 - 6000+ and GA-MA78GM-S2H combo which I was thinking of buying ?

Thanks for whatever info you can give.

Purchased Core2Duo 7200 CPU
2 more GBs of RAM
nFORCE 630i motherboard

Please check the TOPIC i have opened cuz i have queries about his

Last edited:

axxo

99.9% Idle
i got these from chenoy trade center in hyderabad-
Mercury 8600GT 256MB DDR3 - 2300/-
1 GB DDR1 Transcend RAM (tetra pack) - 1400/-
Enterage Power 3 Gold SMPS - 1400/-
all prices including taxes.

are you sure Mercury 8600GT DDR3 is only 2300/- looks damn cheap. :eek: I will go for one if its available for that price.

tkin

Back to school!!
Is the XFX 9800GTX+ available in KOLKATA? If so could anyone give the name and address of the store selling it.I'm thinking of purchasing two of them for SLI on October.Can I get it by then?(Rashi released the card on 16th July.)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Is the XFX 9800GTX+ available in KOLKATA? If so could anyone give the name and address of the store selling it.I'm thinking of purchasing two of them for SLI on October.Can I get it by then?(Rashi released the card on 16th July.)

Unless you are nVidia fanboy, go for HD4870. If you want two card setup, go for HD4870 X2. This is the fastest card currently in the market, beats every single nvidia graphics card and also beats every SLI setup of nVidia.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
GTX 280 kicks ATI HD4870's a$$.

What about the price?? If I pay just a few bucks more than what I pay for GTX280, I get ATI HD4870 X2.

If you still don't know, ATI HD4870 X2 is the current peformance king, easily beating two GTX 280's in SLI mode.

So, I would either get HD4870 for or get HD4870 X2 for $550.

GTX280 costs $450. And it takes to GTX280's to give little bit itching to HD4870 X2 and that would cost $900.

It's gonna be hard time nVidia dude. Clearly, they are going to struggle

And btw, HD4850 X2 is coming out and that would be like "putting Chilli powder on wound".

:)

PS: The graphics market became alive, thanks to the RV700 series chisets of AMD. Am not a fanboy and I do hope that nVidia would respond. After all, it will be we that are going to benefit. More competition means better VFM :)

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
What about the price?? If I pay just a few bucks more than what I pay for GTX280, I get ATI HD4870 X2.

If you still don't know, ATI HD4870 X2 is the current peformance king, easily beating two GTX 280's in SLI mode.

So, I would either get HD4870 for or get HD4870 X2 for $550.

GTX280 costs $450. And it takes to GTX280's to give little bit itching to HD4870 X2 and that would cost $900.

It's gonna be hard time nVidia dude. Clearly, they are going to struggle

And btw, HD4850 X2 is coming out and that would be like "putting Chilli powder on wound".

:)

PS: The graphics market became alive, thanks to the RV700 series chisets of AMD. Am not a fanboy and I do hope that nVidia would respond. After all, it will be we that are going to benefit. More competition means better VFM :)

Lets see what NVIDIA has to bring. I have said this before, nothign from ATI will make me buy their cards. I am loyal to NVIDIA and will be loyal to NVIDIA. Everyone has their choices. I know , someone will come and post asking what I will get by being an NVIDIA fanboi but its self-eXplanatory. I like NVIDIA, you like ATi. Whats the problem ? And its never gonna be a hard time for NVIDIA. People like me will always be loyal to them. GTX280 has better features the HD4870. It beats a single HD4870 to Oblivion. But who am I to compare it ? Time will tell my friend. Till then, you buy ATi and I will opt. for NVIDIA even if I have to pay more :).

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ Did I question your fanboyism?

I showed a valid point that ATI is more competitive now. And you come out with typical fanboyism comments. Ah!!!!

Not everyone is like you. People ask for the best that money can buy. And they don't care whether it is nvidia or ATI. They need the best VFM. Right now ATI has the best VFM and tomorrow, if nVidia picks the VFM crown, I would suggest nVidia cards as I suggested few months ago.

Anyways, you will never understand.

PS: What will you get being a fanboy. Stick to a 20k card and play crysis at 30fps or so when others pay 15k and play crysis at 40fps. It is you that lose money and more importantly ****FPS****

Me, I would buy the card that give best bang for the buck, be it nVidia or ATI.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^ Did I question your fanboyism?

I showed a valid point that ATI is more competitive now. And you come out with typical fanboyism comments. Ah!!!!

Not everyone is like you. People ask for the best that money can buy. And they don't care whether it is nvidia or ATI. They need the best VFM. Right now ATI has the best VFM and tomorrow, if nVidia picks the VFM crown, I would suggest nVidia cards as I suggested few months ago.

Anyways, you will never understand.

PS: What will you get being a fanboy. Stick to a 20k card and play crysis at 30fps or so when others pay 15k and play crysis at 40fps. It is you that lose money and more importantly ****FPS****

Me, I would buy the card that give best bang for the buck, be it nVidia or ATI.

Well I will never understand. True ;).

BTW, I also do recommand ATI **** but i dont buy them myself even though they are VFM.

And regarding money and FPS, who the **** cares ? Its my and my father's hard earned money.

NVIDIA. **** the world.

Top Bottom