Post your latest Purchase

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Re: Post what you purchased.

EVGA is available in India from Tirupati Enterprises. And heard that Yantraonline is dealing with it!

But u have MSI, PALIT (Sonic) and Gainward, Gigabyte and haven't seen any heating issues with them.

EVGA is available in India from Tirupati Enterprises. And heard that Yantraonline is dealing with it!

But u have MSI, PALIT (Sonic) Gainward, Gigabyte and haven't seen any heating issues with them.

Last edited:

ramsingh

Journeyman

just purchases : MSI 9600GT 512 Mb--- Rs.10100
Abit IP35E- Rs. 5300

was going 2 buy Intel Core 2 Quad 6600(2.4 Ghz)---Rs. 10,500 but the dealer pissed me off.. waited for 1/2 hr for the proccsr// nd when he bought it from some other shop. it was of Nov-2007 and the seal was slightly scratched.. so disint buy..
what is d curremt price of Q 6600 in Pune.. should i buy it from here(kolkata)nd take 2 pune?
Regarding ram is there any appreciable difference in Corsair value ram and Corsair XMS ram...??should i opt for value ram..

aneesh kalra

Mclaren F1 Long tail

My latest acquisition is Seagate Barracuda 160 GB SATA drive for RS 1750, is this too, this was the cheapest quote which I got from Computer Empire, Nehru Place. How much does an equivalent WD(WesternDigital) drive cost and is it better performance wise ?

darklord

Cyborg Agent

Purchased Today - Biostar TP35D2A7 Motherboard
Price - Rs.4,400/-

was going 2 buy Intel Core 2 Quad 6600(2.4 Ghz)---Rs. 10,500 but the dealer pissed me off.. waited for 1/2 hr for the proccsr// nd when he bought it from some other shop. it was of Nov-2007 and the seal was slightly scratched.. so disint buy..
what is d curremt price of Q 6600 in Pune.. should i buy it from here(kolkata)nd take 2 pune?
Regarding ram is there any appreciable difference in Corsair value ram and Corsair XMS ram...??should i opt for value ram..

The current price of Q6600 in Pune is ~ 10,600/-
Corsair Value RAM - Cheaper solution, works flawlessly, lesser binned chips, not ideal for memory overclocking, no heatspreaders
Corsair XMS Series - comes with heatspreaders, some kits have tight timings, generally come in high speed ratings, ideal or rather made for memory overclocking, have a much better chance to clock better,resulting in better performance,have slightly better chips and some have'handpicked' chips (Ofcourse the flagship modules)

So these are the basic differences between Value Ram and XMS series, now decide what suits you best and buy accordingly. :)

darklord

Cyborg Agent

did ya buy it only to bench or do u intend to use it with ur daily rig?:)
I got it to put it in my Daily/Home Rig. :D
Couldnt torcher my poor Foxconn which was under immense torcher and abuse,running E2140 @ 2.66GHz.
I couldnt see it suffering, so ....

axxo

99.9% Idle

Purchased Today - Biostar TP35D2A7 Motherboard
Price - Rs.4,400/-

wow...finally a pro in overclocking got my motherboard...now I may get few more tweaks, hints, tips from him to further push my E2160 to max..

btw whats the recommended period for which Orthos test has to be run?

darklord

Cyborg Agent

wow...finally a pro in overclocking got my motherboard...now I may get few more tweaks, hints, tips from him to further push my E2160 to max..

Sure,why not, once i get some free time, i will be testing it just for fun.Will post my fidings here. :)

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Yeah darklord! Nice pick. I have also planned for the same board but its not available in Delhi right now.
Please post some benchmarks whenever u do ur tweaking with it.
Can't wait for ur reply!

How much u have done with urs?
Coz i m also looking for same config. Same board and same E2160. What about BIOS updates? Heard that it can only be updated through floppy...uhh.

Last edited:

darklord

Cyborg Agent

Update BIOS through windows utility today, worked perfectly.

Good thing is the board uses PL of 7 not bad for a value board :)

axxo

99.9% Idle

How much u have done with urs?
Coz i m also looking for same config. Same board and same E2160. What about BIOS updates? Heard that it can only be updated through floppy...uhh.

well its running currently @3.34ghz(85% overclock) 30mins orthos test succesfull....hence setting saved for regular use....
have been looking for to reach 3.4 but causing stability issue...

bios updates are on the fly..without any restart can be updated from OS itself..

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz

@axxo

At least 8 hrs stress testing is recommended with Orthos. Becoz, previously I have seen that for 4-5 hrs system working fine but then the system crashes as Lukas Lehmar FFT length changes. U shud be more patient.

Bought the following things last Saturday :

Q6600 - 10,100/-
2*1 GB Transcend 800 MHZ - 2200/-
Zeb Antibiotic - 2200/-
Coolermaster Extreme Power 500 Watts - 3050/-
320 GB WD Sata II - 3250/-
APC Smart 500VA - 2350/-
APC Smart 1000VA - 6500/-

Is the pricing good enough?

And also one thing:

I got the Quad Proccy boxed as SLACR. Is it the G0 stepping one?

Things Considered :-

APC 750 VA ( Out of stock)
Coolermaster 600 Watts (Out of stock)
E8400/E8500 (Out of stock)

Shop :- Velocity Computer Systems
25B Chittaranjan Avenue
Kolkata - 700072
Ph :- 9331858297/033-22129563

Last edited:

darklord

Cyborg Agent

Prices look decent, CPU could have been cheaper.
That is a G0 stepping.
What card are you using ?

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz

^^ made mistake in the CPU price. Its 10,100 /-. Editing it.

I am using HD3870X2 X Turbo Dual from GeCube.

darklord

Cyborg Agent

^^ made mistake in the CPU price. Its 10,100 /-. Editing it.

I am using HD3870X2 X Turbo Dual from GeCube.

10-10.5k is a good price for CPU.
You are using that 3870X2 with that lame PSU ? Sorry but you should have got a better cooler, Quad + Maximus Formula + 3870X2 and PSU, a meagre 3k unit ? .......tsk tsk..

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz

Areee,

I have Corsair HX 620 Watt. The PSU, Ram and Cabby for my brother.

I have ANTEC 900 as my cabinet :).

axxo

99.9% Idle

@axxo
At least 8 hrs stress testing is recommended with Orthos. Becoz, previously I have seen that for 4-5 hrs system working fine but then the system crashes as Lukas Lehmar FFT length changes. U shud be more patient.

I dont think necessary to run the test for such long duration. My system online for more than 2 weeks without a restart..every night TV ripjobs scheduled for to run atleast 8 hours + torrent running in background...

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz

^

It is necessary aand recommended. You are having no problem rite now but it may happen that you are ocing your cpu more and at that time the system may have problem.
U will find out in most of the forums that the guys who use Orthos for stress testing test for at least 6-8 hrs to become dead sure that system is rock stable.
But after all, its your call...

Top Bottom