Post your latest Purchase

Kniwor

Learner
I believe we should have a thread where everyone should post the most recent hardware they Purchased. The difficulties they faced or problems if any, what other things you considered. The price and place. this will be very helpful information. Follow this format.

2. Hardware purchased with price.
3. Place/retailer details and address
4. City of Purchase.
5. What other products you considered.(If possible, why you selected the current product.)
6. Any problems after purchasing, and suggestion for those about to purchase.[/QUOTE]

consider the bold ones as compulsory ....

Items:
Sony 120C DVD writer --- 1875
250 Gb Seagate SATA Barracuda --- 3550
Leadtek 6200TC PCI-E Graphics card-- 1975
LG 15" TFT -- 7950

Retailer:
BMS Infosolutions
Chandni Chowk
City :
Kolkata

Other Product Considered:
200Gb Seagate SATA, Zebronic 7100GS PCI-E

Did not get Zebronics card because i don't trust the company. and budget was low.

Suggestions/Problems after Purchase:
NONE.

PLEASE MAKE YOUR PURCHASE POSTS BOLD

Last edited by a moderator:

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Re: Post what you purchased.

1st Item
Purchase date: 18/12/2006
Hardware : Leadtek 7950GT 256MB PCI-E for Rs.16000/- including VAT.
Vendor : M.D. Computers
16/1 Ganesh Chandra Avenue,
Kolkata - 13
Products considered: Sapphire X1950 PRO, Leadtek 7900GS.
Problems/Suggestions: None

2nd Item
Purchase date: 26/12/2006
Hardware : Antec Basiq 500W PSU for Rs.4576/- including VAT.
Vendor :ALFA TECH
G-48, Kamalalaya Centre
156A, Lenin Sarani
Kolkata - 700 013
Products Considered: Antec Smart Power 500W, Coolermaster extreme power 600W
Problems/Suggestions:None

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

Products- both bought from USA

1. Intel DG965WH

cost- $134 => ~Rs.5,950/-

2. Corsair 1GB DDR2 800MHz Twin2X (512*2)
(model->CM2X512A-6400; XMS2-6400)

cost- $170 => ~ Rs.7,530/-

Problem
1. Major bummer #1 :D -> RAM may not be compatible :(, mobo supports upto 1.8Volt & this is RAM is 1.9Volt. (all other specs. meet the requirement). :D

2. Major Bummer #2-> Mobo has ATX form factor (11.2"x9.6",) while my present HP Pavilion CPU cabinet supports lesser. :D (gotta buy new cabinet).

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer

s18000rpm said:
Products- both bought from USA

1. Intel DG965WH

cost- $134 => ~Rs.5,950/-

2. Corsair 1GB DDR2 800MHz Twin2X (512*2)
(model->CM2X512A-6400; XMS2-6400)

cost- $170 => ~ Rs.7,530/-

Problem
1. Major bummer #1 :D -> RAM may not be compatible :(, mobo supports upto 1.8Volt & this is RAM is 1.9Volt. (all other specs. meet the requirement). :D

2. Major Bummer #2-> Mobo has ATX form factor (11.2"x9.6",) while my present HP Pavilion CPU cabinet supports lesser. :D (gotta buy new cabinet).

18000 how did you get it from US? Did somebody get it for you or you got it couriered?

ajayashish

Living to Succeed

i got a new Laptop Inspiron 1705E from US last year....

Core Duo 2GHz... 1GB ram.... 256 Nvidia 7800..... 60GB HDD.....Creative Audigy ..... 17" with UltraLife Screen WD... and a 3yr international warrenty....

problem... my AGP got faulty...

Best part... DELL SERVICE IS THE BEST... they came the very next day and replaced my AGP without any problem...

janitha

Wise Old Owl

ajayashish said:
i got a new Laptop Inspiron 1705E from US last year....

Core Duo 2GHz... 1GB ram.... 256 Nvidia 7800..... 60GB HDD.....Creative Audigy ..... 17" with UltraLife Screen WD... and a 3yr international warrenty....

problem... my AGP got faulty...

Best part... DELL SERVICE IS THE BEST... they came the very next day and replaced my AGP without any problem...

Is it really AGP or PCIe?

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner

s18000rpm said:
Problem

extremely valuable information there, i was about to get a intel G965 for 1 of my friends, I'll have to take care of the RAM, thanks

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz

Hey Kniwor this is a great idea to start this thread hope it becomes very popular with a lot of people contributing. Thanks s18000rpm for ur very important n useful info.

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner

thanks,

It occurred to me when I was searching drivers for my compaq, finally found on an HP ftp, and it took me hours, then again after some time i realized i cannot find the link again in google, (cant still find it), so i thought these are useful things, we often get same products repeatedly (you got it, then i got it, then he got it ........) and face same problems, if the problem/solution is known beforehand it would be easier.

and since I cant find the link, I will shortly write a note on how to get the files from HP's ftp server, and what files, and complete a compaq AMD turion based notebook installation.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz

Your welcome bro, added reps for your effort. Keep up the good work

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

@Kniwor bro. i found these driver listing in www.hp.com/in site.

Drivers for Compaq Presario V3155AU Notebook PC

are those you were looking for ?

audio drivers listed-> Conexant High Definition Audio (for AMD)

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner

@s18000rpm
yeah i got those driver the first thing, but the drivers there dont work, they need bus/chipset drivers to work, which are not listed there..... I didn't expect HP could be this lame

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer

Ok my turn.....

Product 1

Purchase date: Janurary 6 2007
Hardware : Samsung 940BW 19" LCD, Widescreen, 4ms response time, HDCP compatible.
Vendor : Sai communications (My trusted one for 10 years)
NP
New Delhi
Products considered: Viewsonic, LG
Problems/Suggestions: Not an out of the box purchase, you need to configure a lot to get the desired result, otherwise an excellrnt product, bright and vivid colors, awsome appealing factor.
Price : 13900/- NP delhi price as on 6 Jan 2007

Product 2

Purchase date: Janurary 6 2007
Hardware : Logitech cordless EX110 keyboard/mouse combi.
Vendor : Same
Products Considered: Microsoft
Problems/Suggestions: Heavy mouse with battries. Excellent response time, avg range.
Price : 1750/- NP Delhi price as on 6 Jan 2007
Will post some pics later today.....

Ok pics time.......

*i3.tinypic.com/42w0y9c.jpg

*i11.tinypic.com/30jh269.jpg

*i12.tinypic.com/2uzxpco.jpg

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

arre sam bhai, please post the thumbnails of the pics.

btw do mention the cost.

i'm lookin for a good Keyboard+Mouse combo, urs models is what i'm lookin for (except wireless mouse).

btw can you guys suggest a nice looking CPU cabinet with inbuilt Card Readers. similar to this HP Pavilion CPU
*img383.imageshack.us/img383/3813/c00757935ci6.jpg
or just a Elegant looking cabinet.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer

s18000rpm said:
arre sam bhai, please post the thumbnails of the pics.

btw do mention the cost.

i'm lookin for a good Keyboard+Mouse combo, urs models is what i'm lookin for (except wireless mouse).

btw can you guys suggest a nice looking CPU cabinet with inbuilt Card Readers. similar to this HP Pavilion CPU
*img383.imageshack.us/img383/3813/c00757935ci6.jpg
or just a Elegant looking cabinet.

Hi why are you not opting for wireless its really neat and convenient and its not very expensive as well. Mine is pretty affordable. There was another option from Microsoft, a very plain looking with no frills and all wireless combi for 1500, and I thought a wireless combi for 1500 that too from microsoft is a very very decent buy if you ask me. I opted for logitech for its looks and couple of extra buttons like volume etc and thats it otherwise even microsoft was a good buy.

For cabinet try this.....if its like a gaming rig you wanna built

*www.zebronics.net/gamingcabin.asp

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

Thanks for the link sam.
i did some searching today in local market, & couldn't find a Cabinet meeting my requirements.
all i want is a polished(elegant) looking cabinet with inbuilt Card Reader.
as i use Memory Stick very often for transfering images, so having a external card reader will just add to more clutter.
*img108.imageshack.us/img108/9109/dsc04071ct4.th.jpg *img183.imageshack.us/img183/8774/dsc04073qv7.th.jpg

if had known about this ATX form factor stuffs, i'd have bought a mobo which could fit in my present cabinet. :(

all i'm able to find is Bling-Bling cabinets :D, with colourful lights (which i hate :x)....

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner

s18000rpm said:
if had known about this ATX form factor stuffs, i'd have bought a mobo which could fit in my present cabinet. :(

Hey you dont get a motherboard depending in ur cabinet, you always get the motherboad first, and a cabinet depending on it, and mostly get an an ATX cabinet,better airflow. (yeah a Micro atx is good for Micro ATX boards if u dont plan overclocking)

Hells_Fury

In the zone

Purchased two items from a friend in the US:
1. Logitech G5 laser gaming grade mouse
2. Zalman VF-900 Cu VGA Cooler

Cost me 100$ for both together.

Other products considered:
Mouse:
1. Razer Copperhead
2. Logitech MX-518

Cooler:
Arctic Cooling NV-Silencer 5 Rev 3.

Porblems:
No problem with the mouse.
For the cooler, the suplies thermal paste was not of very good quality. I would recommend buying and using your own thermal paste.

Top Bottom