Post your latest Purchase

riturajsharma19

Broken In
New wrist-rest and a set of custom PBT keycaps for the Keychron K2
1.jpeg

20211209_181222.jpg

Bought 2 of these for my parent's house at 3k each, glad to see prices of WiFi 6 routers are coming down:
*www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09GFXGGZD/
Based on my initial tests, on a 200Mbps connection, I was getting almost full speed at 2m away from router but with 2 walls in between. Airtel's Nokia modem or another 4 antenna Dlink router that we have can't do that. This was at 5/6GHz. App is fine. No option to have just 6GHz enabled, its 2.4GHz or 5/6GHz.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
View attachment 21187
Bought 2 of these for my parent's house at 3k each, glad to see prices of WiFi 6 routers are coming down:
*www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09GFXGGZD/
Based on my initial tests, on a 200Mbps connection, I was getting almost full speed at 2m away from router but with 2 walls in between. Airtel's Nokia modem or another 4 antenna Dlink router that we have can't do that. This was at 5/6GHz. App is fine. No option to have just 6GHz enabled, its 2.4GHz or 5/6GHz.

Great!
Could you also tell us why did you buy 2 and how are you going to config them together?

Great!
Could you also tell us why did you buy 2 and how are you going to config them together?
Modem gets the internet from fibre, then using a LAN wire first router will be connected for WiFi (BSNL's modem has shit WiFi). Second router can be connected wirelessly or wired to the primary router. For my testing, I configured 2nd router as a wireless extender. So my parent's home is a duplex, so 1 router will be on each floor, LAN cabling was done inside the walls, so will connect 1st & 2nd router via wire.

The DLink's app was good enough to configure them. I had to turn off WiFi mesh on first router as it was transmitting in 2.4GHz band. When I configured 2nd router as wireless extender, it took WiFi SSID of 1st one & finally I was seeing only 1 WiFi. The WiFi switching based on promixity to router was working fine, so works as expected for me.

Not all routers support WiFi extender feature. I was initially considering TP-Link Deco M4 set of 2 for 7k, but this had WiFi 6 as well, so bought this instead.

Top Bottom