Post your latest Purchase

Asus TUF K3 - Kailh Red switch - ₹5600

Initial impressions - Good, my first time owning a mech KB. Have used my friend's Logitech G413 briefly. Because of the lack of dedicated media keys, I set scroll lock as vol down, Pause key as vol up & Home key as play/pause using Armoury Crate. My biggest con for this KB was its software, needs 2 software if you want to create custom RGB effects, also the installation took almost an hour for me for some reason. Key caps are easy to remove, no idea if switches can be removed or not. It's not loud IMO, similar to my CM Devastator 3 KB.

I never thought I needed a long wrist rest until I used this.

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

Last edited:

vito scalleta

In the zone

Initial impressions - Good, my first time owning a mech KB. Have used my friend's Logitech G413 briefly. Because of the lack of dedicated media keys, I set scroll lock as vol down, Pause key as vol up & Home key as play/pause using Armoury Crate. My biggest con for this KB was its software, needs 2 software if you want to create custom RGB effects, also the installation took almost an hour for me for some reason. Key caps are easy to remove, no idea if switches can be removed or not. It's not loud IMO, similar to my CM Devastator 3 KB.

I never thought I needed a long wrist rest until I used this.

Congrats on the purchase.

How is typing on it ? Also is the Wrist rest Hard or Soft ?

kaz

right here

Initial impressions - Good, my first time owning a mech KB. Have used my friend's Logitech G413 briefly. Because of the lack of dedicated media keys, I set scroll lock as vol down, Pause key as vol up & Home key as play/pause using Armoury Crate. .
But, I see it already has volume control keys in F9-F11.

Congrats on the purchase.

How is typing on it ? Also is the Wrist rest Hard or Soft ?
Good enough. For typists, generally blue or brown switches are recommended though. There are a bit extra erroneous key presses for me than earlier, but I guess that's because of the new KB in general. I likely type a bit more than average gamers, but still not too much of typing even for my work, so red keys are fine.

Wrist rest is normal hard plastic, attaches to KB via magnets, neat solution.

But, I see it already has volume control keys in F9-F11.
Have to press Fn+F9-F11 vs just pressing 1 key. I don't use the Scroll Lock, Pause or Home keys ever, so I don't think I will miss those keys. Whereas I use vol up/down & play/pause a lot more often.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Bought amazon basics usb to lightning adapter, cause USB-C socket on my vivobook wont accept apple's cable. Dont know what type of socket it is.

IMG20210717115608-min.jpg
IMG20210717115523-min.jpg

Costed me 499. atleast its apple certified, other non certified wont work :(

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Apple's cable is called lightning, it's an ageing standard that really needs to be replaced by usb c. They have started though (ipad new ones and MacBooks all have type c only)

For a few years I was confused between lightning (apple) and thunderbolt(intel).

bubusam13

Human
Just to add:
Firstly, I was aware of the negative reviews about Samsung Shop (2.1 out of 5). But analyzing the reviews, I realized most criticism were from delivery perspective. Since I only watch TV at weekends, I am OK with delay.
Secondly, they sent the product by surface from Noida to Bangalore. Surface shipping may damage the product. But there is replacement available if the unboxing is done by Samsung service personal.
About the TV.
Sound seems low, but then I realized I can hear it well from our kitchen. I am OK with the TV speakers. Black levels and color reproduction are very good.
Coming to OS I have two android TV, 1 WebOS and this one Tizen. I would rate WebOS>Tizen>Android(have too many apps but will lag)
I wish we have magic remote available with Samsung as well.

kaz

right here
Bose 700 from Flipkart for ₹25k. Final price ₹22.2k using 500 supercoins, ₹1.5K ICICI discount and ₹800 cashback using Letyshops
20210725_111634.jpg

Sound quality: I didn't find much difference, but Sony would be my pick
Call quality: Excellent on the Bose and pathetic on the Sony
Comfort: Bose wins this one as well, the Sony is too tight for my not so normal head size
20210725_115610-01.jpeg

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Just to add:
Firstly, I was aware of the negative reviews about Samsung Shop (2.1 out of 5). But analyzing the reviews, I realized most criticism were from delivery perspective. Since I only watch TV at weekends, I am OK with delay.
Secondly, they sent the product by surface from Noida to Bangalore. Surface shipping may damage the product. But there is replacement available if the unboxing is done by Samsung service personal.
About the TV.
Sound seems low, but then I realized I can hear it well from our kitchen. I am OK with the TV speakers. Black levels and color reproduction are very good.
Coming to OS I have two android TV, 1 WebOS and this one Tizen. I would rate WebOS>Tizen>Android(have too many apps but will lag)
I wish we have magic remote available with Samsung as well.
Could you also tell about how the 1080p content looks on 55" 4K TV? How is the quality of picture on Netflix/Prime?

Top Bottom