Post your latest Purchase

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Congrats. ELI5, Fire Stick 4K vs Apple TV 4K. Apple TV seems like a very poor value in front of the fire stick.

To be honest, yes it’s too damn costly but after usage of a couple of hours, the price is worth it. The navigation is buttery smooth & synchronisation b/w iOS & tvOS is fantastic. I can read pdf files in landscape via screen mirroring , its like reading a book on your tv. Access all my iCloud photos & videos. The interface is very similar to iOS so you know what you’re doing.
FireTV really sucked in navigation & speed & its remote on the app always had a lag of 1-2 seconds every time I accessed it whereas the response Apple TV Remote App is instant.
Also there didn’t seem a way how to buy only the fire TV remote on Amazon as I had lost it.

Now my next purchase will be a 4k HDR tv as the current one is only FHD & a meagre 32”. Will probably buy sometime in June-21. Have some products in mind, will post a separate thread at an appropriate place.

Last edited:
To be honest, yes it’s too damn costly but after usage of a couple of hours, the price is worth it. The navigation is buttery smooth & synchronisation b/w iOS & tvOS is fantastic. I can read pdf files in landscape via screen mirroring , its like reading a book on your tv. Access all my iCloud photos & videos. The interface is very similar to iOS so you know what you’re doing.
FireTV really sucked in navigation & speed & its remote on the app always had a lag of 1-2 seconds every time I accessed it whereas the response Apple TV Remote App is instant.
Also there didn’t seem a way how to buy only the fire TV remote on Amazon as I had lost it.

Now my next purchase will be a 4k HDR tv as the current one is only FHD & a meagre 32”. Will probably buy sometime in June-21. Have some products in mind, will post a separate thread at an appropriate place.
If you are happy, then good.

Firestick 4K needs to be left alone for 10-15s of initial boot, then runs fine for me. Couldn't ask for anything better at 3.5k.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
If you are happy, then good.

Firestick 4K needs to be left alone for 10-15s of initial boot, then runs fine for me. Couldn't ask for anything better at 3.5k.

I’m not talking about boot time. I’m referring to the Fire TV Remote App on my mobile.
The physical Fire TV Remote was lost & I used to navigate using the App. The lag is every time I opened the App, it would reconnect resulting in a 1-2 sec delay EVERY SINGLE TIME.

quicky008

Technomancer
Bought these 2 figures from amazon, received them in totally damaged packaging, fortunately the figures themselves were unharmed.

Attachments

• 20210605_091239.jpg
    20210605_091239.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 82
  • 20210605_083953.jpg
    20210605_083953.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 98

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210604/c8d4d0a3ab075c4fb65dd2e1acaefc12.jpg

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210604/f1b88ba73c084208e00f60ec8d51f26f.jpg

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210604/5c0efb05f98b874bdd84f6d03b4e506c.jpg

Arrived today, will post a review after some usage.

How much does the remote battery last per charge? Also what is the boot time?

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
How much does the remote battery last per charge? Also what is the boot time?

Have started using just yesterday so yet to run out of battery. Booted only once when setting up. Will post review shortly after a week’s usage.
The remote is able to close my TV also & control its volume. When connected to AirPods, volume can be controlled while in Fire TV volume in AirPods was default set to max & one can’t change it. So only the Apple TV Remote is required, no need of TV’s own remote.
Apple TV Remote is automatically added to the control centre of my iPhone. Opening from there is instant.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Have started using just yesterday so yet to run out of battery. Booted only once when setting up. Will post review shortly after a week’s usage.
The remote is able to close my TV also & control its volume. When connected to AirPods, volume can be controlled while in Fire TV volume in AirPods was default set to max & one can’t change it. So only the Apple TV Remote is required, no need of TV’s own remote.
Apple TV Remote is automatically added to the control centre of my iPhone. Opening from there is instant.
please post a video of UI on tv how it looks and works.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.

Did u use the calibration feature? How much does it affect the colors?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
There's nothing that would compare to this in terms of smoothness and quality. Android, kodi, roku boxes may be cheaper and will get the job done but the UX of apple tv is miles ahead.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Guys, any opinions on ICICI Platinum vs Amazon Pay Credit Card ? Any known issues you have faced in Amazon Pay credit card?

Tusharma

Broken In
Not actually bought it but considering buying Infinix Note 10 Pro with Helio G95 chipset and 256Gb storage for my father. Lots of storage at low cost.
Edit: So many new options of late and this Poco M3 Pro with Dimensity 700 chipset too looks good enough.

Last edited:
Guys, any opinions on ICICI Platinum vs Amazon Pay Credit Card ? Any known issues you have faced in Amazon Pay credit card?
Amazon CC gets rejected a lot, but is good IMO. I got FK one easily, had Axis account though. Me & my friend looked into CCs & planned to get FK & amazon ones as those will benefit us a lot. My friend got his amazon CC, I'm yet to apply for 2nd time. After the first rejection, my friend got an ICICI platinum card just to build relation with ICICI for amazon CC.

ICICI even rejected my father's CC application, so not sure what they are looking for except someone with an ICICI account or relation with them.

Top Bottom