Post your latest Purchase

ajayritik

Technomancer
LCD or CRT both should support and now-a-days all the new TV tuner cards support higher resolutions like 1680x1050 as well as wide screen monitor . So if i were you i would go with LCD becoz of less power usage.

Bro I'm looking for pure LCD options. Either LCD monitor or LCD TV.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Hey Guys,

Tell me something -- I have been running my new rig 24/7. No breaks, no power saving, no nothing...Is that a bad practice? Rig is quite tame --> i3 540/Asus P7H55M-LX/2 GB XMS3 (soon to be 4 GB)/2 TB WDD/SONY ODD/Corsair 550VX..

Out of 24 hrs, for 5 week days --> may be 1-2 hrs gaming, 3-10 hrs office work, rest just BitTorrent.
remaining 2 days --> 10 hrs movies/games..rest just Bittorrent...

You think this will die out on me soon? I want it to last me for at least 5 years.
Should I cut down on my usage and may be shut it down once every while?

Oh just to add, will soon add GTX460/70 // HD6850/70 into this and new monitor too..........

Give me your opinion, folks!!

Beside your Electricity Bill it will never be a problem and of course suggested by others make sure that you clean your PC regularly in an interval of 1-2 months.

@JAS, Is that LED Backlited?

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Main problem arises with the insides of the SMPS and CPU/GPU Fans , and the unreachable corners of Cabinet :(

Beside your Electricity Bill it will never be a problem and of course suggested by others make sure that you clean your PC regularly in an interval of 1-2 months.

@JAS, Is that LED Backlited?

@mitraark --> Bang on, dude!! I was about to ask for some tips on the very same...Guys, how do you go about cleaning these places inside your rig? --> SMPS / FANS etc...

@ithehappy --> Do you think I will be running up huge bills? I posted my weekly usage in my last post...What do you think? I didnt think it would be TOO much more than what it already is!!

@JAS --> Hey, congos man! :clap2: :doublethumb: I googled a bit and it seems that 2220L is a 21.5" HD LED monitor...Tell me, is it wall-mountable?? (Planning for a monitor cum TV, you see)

Edit: @JAS --> Just read that the edges are a little dim on the 2220L.... Since you are using it, tell us your opinion about it.........

Last edited:

prakhar18

Broken In
Bought Seagate Free Agent Go Flex 500GB Ultra portable deive for Rs.3100 from nehru place today.

Superb style,speed and software.
[URL=*img831.imageshack.us/i/seagategoflex.jpg/][IMG]*img831.imageshack.us/img831/5168/seagategoflex.th.jpg[/URL] *img843.imageshack.us/img843/663/seagate500gbn.th.jpg[/IMG]

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@jassy, nice monitor. though pics could have been better. the stand looks like the same as mine. BTW wheres the cabby? keep it beside the monitor. suites it.

posting on behalf of friends:

1. Athlon II X3 440
Asus M4N68T-M
G.Skill 2Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
WDC Green 500Gb
MSI GT240 1Gb DDR3

TOTAL: Rs.14,025.
SHOP: SMC International.

he got GT240 as HD5570 was out of stock & also SMC offered a small discount. now will visit his place to try his luck (4th core unlock).

2. Nokia 5230 (black)
Nokia Original battery for 2330 Classic.

TOTAL: Rs.7350 (Mauritius).
SHOP: HMRawat.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Purchased LOGITECH Z313 2.1 speakers @ 1.4k. Extremely compact and sound is very good at its price. Distorts a bit at 80% volume but normal for these sets i guess. The subwoofer is a downfiring one.

Here are the pics...

[IMG]*i56.tinypic.com/jh7o7o.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]*i51.tinypic.com/24zzmtv.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]*i51.tinypic.com/1zz2kqw.jpg[/IMG]

Check out the video review here

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Guys our forum member cilus had bought his 6870 recently and had forgotten to post in this section due work pressure in office. Posting his system innards on his behalf.....

[IMG]*i51.tinypic.com/642ucn.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]*i53.tinypic.com/swpjs5.jpg[/IMG]

Check out the humongous tx 850.:razz:

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys our forum member cilus had bought his 6870 recently and had forgotten to post in this section due work pressure in office. Posting his system innards on his behalf.....

Check out the humongous tx 850.:razz:

Hey VickyBatra/Cilus, you guys sharing the same PG? Which office you guys in?
By the way, is that a Reaper? Then, you people gotta help me out with the front and back panel fans..I keep looking at my Reaper and wondering how the hell I am supposed to put in a fan in that front panel!!@#$@$!!

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
I just had a look at Cilus's rig...

Phenom II 955 @ 3.6 GHz||4 GB 1333MHz DDR3 ||1+2TB||Gigabyte 785G-UD2H || XFX ATI HD 6870 1 GB ||Zebronics Reaper|| BenQ G2220HD||Corsair TX850W||2X1 Cooler Master 1600 rpm FAN||Logitech MX518

Isnt 850W overkill for this system? Just curious! Of course, when it comes to power, BIGGER is BETTER! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Cilus

laborare est orare
Mario, no man me n Vickybat are not sharing...he is in Cuttack and I'm in Bhubaneswar. Just went to his place last weekend... The images were in my camera and Vicky took it n has posted it on my behalf.... Thanks a lot buddy.

And ya, the PSU is not a overkill, in fact a superkill..:grin::grin:. or my system even a VX550 will do.
But currently going for a system upgrade... new mobo and dedicated PhysX card.
So now I am gonna utilize the PSU I guess.

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
I googled a bit and it seems that 2220L is a 21.5" HD LED monitor...Tell me, is it wall-mountable?? (Planning for a monitor cum TV, you see)

Edit: @JAS --> Just read that the edges are a little dim on the 2220L.... Since you are using it, tell us your opinion about it.........

Yup it's a 21.5" LED Monitor...and no Wall mount..well i can't find one:smile:..
and It won't work as a TV if you would be using a Cable wire..But if you have Tata Sky or similar devices then you an use it via the HDMI or DVI cables..
TV's can be used as monitors and not the other way around unless using with the set top boxes...

Regarding the edges i don't think or see lights being dim at the edges...It's a very good display by the way...Viewing angles are great too...though nothing like an IPS panel..

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Another thing mine came with a faulty VGA cable...there was no RED's..But i twisted the cable a bit;-) and got it working...Never got the time to ask DELL to replace it...Though this happens rarely it would b good to check before purchasing..

S_V

In the zone
@vickybat
Congrats man,,. That's one nice rig you have and yours speakers are quite a view....
Just reduce Bass at volume 80% in order to have less distortion....

@Cilus
Congrats you too.. So how are your games running mate.. You sir seriously need cable management lessons :grin::lol: ..
you need good processor also for better power....It's not 955 is bad.... :)

jagdanand kumar

Right off the assembly line
Sir,
My systen configuration is as follows-
Mother board- Mercury pvm7
Proaessor- Intel Pentium 4 3.06 GHZ
Ram- DDR 1 2GB
OS- windows xp sp 3 and windows 7
DVD- Sony (SATA)
HDD- Seagate 500 GB (SATA)
SMPS- 450 W
Monitor- LG CRT 14 inch
1. I can not play IGI 2 smothly ( Game run slowly) in windows xp. what is problem ? Please help me.
2. I can not install VGA Driver in windows 7. In Mercury web site there is no VGA driver for Windows 7. Please help me.
3. who is best graphic card or agp card to install in my mother board ? Please provide name and model
Please slove my problems and send ans. my mail id and print in DIGIT BOOK

Jagdanand kumar, Muzaffarpur, **********

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom