Post your latest Purchase

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
@Jaskanwar Singh

nice monitor buddy
didnt remove the transparent packing yet!!!!!

btw the round base looks much smaller wrt to the monitor size!

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Got iPod Touch 4th Generation 64GB! :)

Forgot to post :p

Congrats dude...It really is sweet...have you tried video recording yet??It does at 720p:mrgreen:..
The games look good on it too...and the Music and Videos are AWESOME(Barney Style)!!

P.S. Download ninjump and TTR from itunes if you haven't

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey Guys,

Tell me something -- I have been running my new rig 24/7. No breaks, no power saving, no nothing...Is that a bad practice? Rig is quite tame --> i3 540/Asus P7H55M-LX/2 GB XMS3 (soon to be 4 GB)/2 TB WDD/SONY ODD/Corsair 550VX..

Out of 24 hrs, for 5 week days --> may be 1-2 hrs gaming, 3-10 hrs office work, rest just BitTorrent.
remaining 2 days --> 10 hrs movies/games..rest just Bittorrent...

You think this will die out on me soon? I want it to last me for at least 5 years.
Should I cut down on my usage and may be shut it down once every while?

Oh just to add, will soon add GTX460/70 // HD6850/70 into this and new monitor too..........

Give me your opinion, folks!!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Guys...please use scaled down versions of images. It just wrecks the thread.
Thanks.

Congratulations to the monitor and bike guys...! S_V...what can I say. Awesome.

tkin

Back to school!!
Hey Guys,

Tell me something -- I have been running my new rig 24/7. No breaks, no power saving, no nothing...Is that a bad practice? Rig is quite tame --> i3 540/Asus P7H55M-LX/2 GB XMS3 (soon to be 4 GB)/2 TB WDD/SONY ODD/Corsair 550VX..

Out of 24 hrs, for 5 week days --> may be 1-2 hrs gaming, 3-10 hrs office work, rest just BitTorrent.
remaining 2 days --> 10 hrs movies/games..rest just Bittorrent...

You think this will die out on me soon? I want it to last me for at least 5 years.
Should I cut down on my usage and may be shut it down once every while?

Oh just to add, will soon add GTX460/70 // HD6850/70 into this and new monitor too..........

Give me your opinion, folks!!
No, I run mine 24/7, never any issue, the ups may die a bit early(read 3yrs) but everything else is ok, just clean the dust every few months.

S_V

In the zone
@Mario
It won't be a problem but just make sure your PC is clean. Clean your hardware once in a month depend on the dust in your cabinet... And Also use good UPS for stable current...

@asingh
Thanks for the compliments ...
Thank you everyone....

S_V

In the zone
soft Paint brush and a soft cloth....

If possible remove all the hardware and first clean with paint brush or blow the dust away from them. Then on non-electrical zones like plain plastic or steel areas of cabinet use damp cloth(very slightly wet) and clean them.. Make sure you don't use damp cloth on any circuit board or any solvering areas. If u do so by mistake let it dry first before you install them back.

even if you don't use damp cloth, paint brush with dry cloth is quite effective way to clean your system hardware parts. Just be gentle on them with brush. Don't use force with brush..

@desai_amogh
Oh my , it costs that much. so what's the mileage you are getting"?

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys just a quick one. If I want to use the monitor as TV with TV Tuner card and as a regular PC monitor what would be my best option? LCD Monitor or LCD TV? Model ? Price around 10k.
Not talking abt CRT. Only LCD options.

Last edited:

S_V

In the zone
LCD or CRT both should support and now-a-days all the new TV tuner cards support higher resolutions like 1680x1050 as well as wide screen monitor . So if i were you i would go with LCD becoz of less power usage.

mitraark

Decrepit
soft Paint brush and a soft cloth....

If possible remove all the hardware and first clean with paint brush or blow the dust away from them. Then on non-electrical zones like plain plastic or steel areas of cabinet use damp cloth(very slightly wet) and clean them.. Make sure you don't use damp cloth on any circuit board or any solvering areas. If u do so by mistake let it dry first before you install them back.

even if you don't use damp cloth, paint brush with dry cloth is quite effective way to clean your system hardware parts. Just be gentle on them with brush. Don't use force with brush..

Main problem arises with the insides of the SMPS and CPU/GPU Fans , and the unreachable corners of Cabinet :(

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
here are the pics of monitor guys -
]

congrats desai amogh :) -

i am planning a review. some guidance please on how to go about.

Congrats for the purchase, but the pics do not do justice to your monitor! First of all, one should not flash photograph a monitor (or for that matter, any reflective subject) directly face-on; just a little angled shot would be great. Then there is this problem with, apparently, shots with a mobile phone.
These are just friendly comments. Hope you do not take offence.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^thanks, no problem buddy. yup the pics dont do justice to the monitor at all. i took them from mobile. shall i put new ones after taking it from my dad's cam??

Top Bottom