Post your latest Purchase

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I got an i7 too yesterday at delta peripherals... :) :D

i7 920- 14.2k
intel x58 - 14k ( Gigabyte UD3R was not available :( )
Ram- 2*1 gb 1333 mhz Transcend (Life-Time warranty :) )- 1.8k
Tagan 600w- u37 - 4.3k
cabby (Reaper) 1.5k
1 TB - seagate - 4.6k

I m planning to buy 22' monitor
Benq- g2220hd - 9.2k
In the overview it shows 40000:1 ratio but in specs it says 10000:1.... which of the one is true??? Or please suggest a good one...
And how about HD4850 (budget under 9k) Palit or XFX or sapphire ( their price diff too)??? which one is better. . ???
Help me out guys... Thanks in advance... :)

both are misleading. They are about Dynamic Contrast Ratio which is like Digital zoom in cameras. Look for typical CR.

for a 22" display, I would pick Samsung 2233sw if you want to buy in market. Lot better than G2200HD.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Cooler Master Gladiator 600 Cabinet @ 5300/- + tax

Cooler Master 120mm LED fan 69.69 CFM (Compatible for Hyper 212) @550/- + tax

Cooler Master High Performance Thermal Compound Kit @ 1/- (Customer Preference)

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
*img11.imageshack.us/img11/8969/08072009001.th.jpg

Asus Silent kinght AL ,, Really cool CPU cooler in looks and temp's

Price - 2600/-

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
^^ first i was confused with latest bios which shows 59 idle

shocked ! then downgraded to my stock bios which came when i bought the mobo , then it shows perfectly

anyway in yahoo answers many of them told that , donot trust in Core temps for phenom 2 , cause there is core sensor for phenom 2 yet !!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^ first i was confused with latest bios which shows 59 idle

shocked ! then downgraded to my stock bios which came when i bought the mobo , then it shows perfectly

anyway in yahoo answers many of them told that , donot trust in Core temps for phenom 2 , cause there is core sensor for phenom 2 yet !!

Why did you go back to the older BIOS. You should stay with the latest BIOS, since it is optimized and an upgrade version...? Is the latest BIOS 'actually' causing you Cores to heat up more..or just reporting incorrect.

Try realtemp/hardware monitor/everest for temperatures, and see which is correct or incorrect.

blackbird

Journeyman
Time spend atleast 6-8hrs (for only 3 items lol)

i have a spare P4 531 (3Ghz) so didn't purchased processor

was interested in the Dynamic Energy saver mobo i.e EG31M-S2 rev 2.x but all shop keeper kept repeating "Are bhai woh to kab ka band ho gaya hai g31m-es2l is the latest one. Kahi bhi dhundo nahi milenga" and tried several shop but didn't find any
G31M-ES2L = 2375 (some shop i forgot but near ITWARES (E-Lounge was not open my bad checked at 6pm ) shop timing Between 11am to 8pm. :0)
Corsair 2GB 800MHZ = 1500 (prime abgb)
Logitech basic 100key keyboard = 275 (road side)

Some prices asked from random shops
Cooler master extreme 500w = 1350
E5200 = 3450
APC UPS (500VA)= 1800 (the best rate i got from prime ABGB) (rejected because No Connection to computer i mean Auto shutdown and etc feature Looking for ups)
IBALL Nirantar 630 UPS - 1650

Asus 8400gs (the only passively cooled 8400 , good design, heavy best in 8400gs range) = 1700-1800
Palit 8400gs (i found HDMI port on it the other might include but i forgot)= 1650
sparkle = 1700-1800
msi = 1700-1800
galaxy = 1700-1800
xfx = 1700-1800
Samsung LCD 2233SW 22" = Rs. 9400 - 9800 the best rate i got from Mahavir
Lcd wall mount kit (rotable) = 950
Gadmini LCD tv tuner External = 1250
Cooler Master Cpu Cooler = 275 (i think it is the cheapest X Dream series)
cooler master ice fusion (thermal paste) = 650-750 (was not bargaining just asking) he said (bhai this will last longer and u can use it on many pc's. also offered Intel original Heat sink compund injection @ 150 lol, When i was not buying he said Chuna Le lo Rs.30 main .. I brought from outside @ Rs.10 ROFL lol)
Ice fusion link *www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?language=in&act=detail&tbcate=2301&id=5395

where do you guys purchase from ? for low cost ? (Lamington road, Mumbai)
I tried several shops including PRIME ABGB (was best in pricing no need to bargain)

Last edited:

nmenon

Broken In
Purchased 3 No.s Moser Baer 8x DVD+RW DL for Rs. 225 (total for all 3 from a duty free shop in Fountain Area, Mumbai. Good performance but takes a long time to write 7.94 GB (Actual Capacity according to Nero 7 Ultra Edition) :)

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Hynix 1GB DDR2 667 Mhz Ram @600/- x 4 = 2400/- + tax

Microsoft USB Mouse @ 550/- + tax

-------------------------------------------------------------

To those fellow members who asked about my Temp Condition.

After Installing Cooler master Hyper 212 with Dual Fan (LED) 69.99 CFM in Gladiator 600 Cabinet accompanied with CM's one 120 mm (non LED) rear + one 140 mm Side cooling {came with cabinet} (Due to heavy Hyper 212,I need to mount it side) + One front LED (Transparent) 120 mm fan {Came with Cabinet}...Total Closed Box

Idle Temperature of Intel D 3.2 Ghz 940 is now below 45'C - 47'C as registered by Speed Fan & Intel Desktop Utilities.

Where as before (with stock heat sink) It was 57'C - 59'C with Side open + Ceiling Fan On...some time it need pedestal fan.

I don't have any game...so can't test with that...but I use Adobe Photoshop and other resource hungry program and intentionally at the same time,but it struggle heard to reach 50'c.

When converting some video for my pod then it is 50'C,once it done again go back to the 45'c-46'c. During the time, there was no source of air in the room unless one table fan for me.

I know this is not a real test unless a game shoot on...but I am happy with this performance..as I am not a gamer.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Hynix 1GB DDR2 667 Mhz Ram @600/- x 4 = 2400/- + tax

Microsoft USB Mouse @ 550/- + tax

-------------------------------------------------------------

To those fellow members who asked about my Temp Condition.

After Installing Cooler master Hyper 212 with Dual Fan (LED) 69.99 CFM in Gladiator 600 Cabinet accompanied with CM's one 120 mm (non LED) rear + one 140 mm Side cooling {came with cabinet} (Due to heavy Hyper 212,I need to mount it side) + One front LED (Transparent) 120 mm fan {Came with Cabinet}...Total Closed Box

Idle Temperature of Intel D 3.2 Ghz 940 is now below 45'C - 47'C as registered by Speed Fan & Intel Desktop Utilities.

Where as before (with stock heat sink) It was 57'C - 59'C with Side open + Ceiling Fan On...some time it need pedestal fan.

I don't have any game...so can't test with that...but I use Adobe Photoshop and other resource hungry program and intentionally at the same time,but it struggle heard to reach 50'c.

When converting some video for my pod then it is 50'C,once it done again go back to the 45'c-46'c. During the time, there was no source of air in the room unless one table fan for me.

I know this is not a real test unless a game shoot on...but I am happy with this performance..as I am not a gamer.

Thanks for reading.

Hyper 212 is a good after market cooler. gosh..it is so so big. But it keeps my CPU cool. it never goes beyond 48C...no matter what I throw at it (i.e. stress it).

If you want to stress it out..try OCCT or Prime95 (2 worker threads)..it will heat your processor good..but believe me..the Hyper 212 will keep it nice and cool...!

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
^^ u r saying that because u used dual core with low power , use Quad core with higher clock & also corei7 like that processor

try Q9550 , AMD 940 , 955 , corei7

Then see Hyper 212 temp !! recent coolers should be tested with quad core not dual core

Quad cores heats up more than core 2 duo

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^ u r saying that because u used dual core with low power , use Quad core with higher clock & also corei7 like that processor

try Q9550 , AMD 940 , 955 , corei7

Then see Hyper 212 temp !! recent coolers should be tested with quad core not dual core

Quad cores heats up more than core 2 duo

Hey...

What you mean..YOU ARE saying that..of course I am saying that. It is true. How is a good cooler designated...

1. It has a good contact surface.
2. Has good heat dissapating area.
3. Is easily compatible with current systems.
4. Does the job -- keeps the CPU cool.
5. Does a better job then the benchmark ------> stock system.
6. Is affordable.

I guess the Hyper 212 fulfills all this. I never said that the Hyper 212 was the BEST in its league, but yes it does the job..and it does it quite well. Much much better than stock..I am sure, on i7s and Quads, the Hyper will beat the pants off the stock coolers. But YES if you want to compare to other after market coolers...then this is a never ending story..! :)

And you can have your pound of flesh... read this..it is not that far behind the Thermalright Ultra-120.

Top Bottom