Post your latest Purchase

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
That might be very soon, as soon as I join first thing to do is buy a DSLR(If I had opted for accenture I would have already bought the DSLR, they gave joining last week :-( )

Yeah, also I like how fast the AF system is, its truly lightning fast, plus the macro mode is awesome, programmable AE mode allows taking of shots with blurred backgrounds, not as good as DSLR but better than rest, plus panorama is there, implementation is not as good as Sony's but I'd take the low noise pics anyday.

Mine has the thread, 52mm thread, I'm planning to buy a filter, just for protecting the lens.

Any place in kolkata where I can get filters, or just a guard?

PS: To those who are saying not to quote pics, quoting pics does not take extra bandwidth as the image is fetched once only, it just make the thread ugly and long.

Sorry for the delay in my response, as I have been out of touch with my PC for the last three days. For filters for your camera lens in Kolkata, try International Camera in the Moti Sil Street area near Dharamtolla. You may also try Harry's Camera near the Metro Cinema hall. If you can find one, also grab one low power (0.5 D or 1.0 D) close-up lens/attachment. This will give you the ability to focus much closer at the telephoto end of your camera, instead of a closest focus of say 8 ft at 500 mm (35 mm camera equivalent) down to as close as may be 1 ft at 500 mm! This is a much easier way of shooting close-ups of flowers or even bees, than shooting at 1 cm at the wide-angle end of the lens.

Bought Asus DVD Writer for 1040/-

*i.imgur.com/hCf7G.jpg

*i.imgur.com/1bmVp.jpg
(The one on the bottom)

I am seeing more and more similarities in our interests and idiosyncrasies! I too write many DVDs, have more than one DVD Writers (1 LG and 1 Samsung) and have just purchased the same model of ASUS DVD Writer for the same price (from Vedant) to replace at least one of them (both are behaving erratically)! Isn't that a coincidence or what?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ I got the answer & reason of my queary from you. Thanks for that. :)

I need to by another ODD. That's why I've posted at the first place.

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
And u use mostly Verbatim Blank DVD+R ? :wink:

BTW,what's the main difference between Asus DRW-24B5ST & 24B3ST ?

I don't know about tikin, but I earlier on I used to use mostly Verbatim Blank DVD+R, although for the last couple of years I have been using Sony DVD-R discs for the purpose. They seem to be equal in quality, so it is only a question of availability at any particular point of time and, of course, the price. By the way, some time back I saw someone from Pune reporting the good quality of National DL DVD-R's that are pretty inexpensive too. Does anyone know if they are available in Kolkata, and if so, where?
I don't know the difference between the ASUS DVD Writer models DRW-24B5ST & 24B3ST. I guess the best place to query would be the ASUS site.

tkin

Back to school!!
I used to have a large collection of written DVDs like that. but unfortunately most of them didn't work. check periodically or move to a external HDD. DVDs are not reliable :(

_
Yeah I do that, some of them had gotten bad, but all of them will read on a 5yrs old LG writer my friend has, won't read on my brand new asus :x

@tkin: This is the new writer from Asus right? And bought from MD I guess?
Yup, but not from MD, from vedant, their quotes are better for general hardware, I go to MD just for special stuffs only.

Sorry for the delay in my response, as I have been out of touch with my PC for the last three days. For filters for your camera lens in Kolkata, try International Camera in the Moti Sil Street area near Dharamtolla. You may also try Harry's Camera near the Metro Cinema hall. If you can find one, also grab one low power (0.5 D or 1.0 D) close-up lens/attachment. This will give you the ability to focus much closer at the telephoto end of your camera, instead of a closest focus of say 8 ft at 500 mm (35 mm camera equivalent) down to as close as may be 1 ft at 500 mm! This is a much easier way of shooting close-ups of flowers or even bees, than shooting at 1 cm at the wide-angle end of the lens.

I am seeing more and more similarities in our interests and idiosyncrasies! I too write many DVDs, have more than one DVD Writers (1 LG and 1 Samsung) and have just purchased the same model of ASUS DVD Writer for the same price (from Vedant) to replace at least one of them (both are behaving erratically)! Isn't that a coincidence or what?
Guess so :p
When the samsung gives I'll try HP writer maybe.

I'll look for the filters, lenses won't work, cause it needs an adapter, which unfortunately is only available in USA.

^^ I got the answer & reason of my queary from you. Thanks for that. :)

I need to by another ODD. That's why I've posted at the first place.
Go for Asus, good service, but won't last beyond 1-1.5 yrs, mine went for 1.4yrs.

And u use mostly Verbatim Blank DVD+R ? :wink:

BTW,what's the main difference between Asus DRW-24B5ST & 24B3ST ?
Used to using Moserbaer, but they are all cr@p, used some local brands before like lasertras which are still working, but moserbaers are not reading good on my drives, switched to verbatim this year, so good so far.

Differences are none, no practical difference in them, just some tech called e hammer or something, useless.

SIDDHARTH.BEAM

Journeyman
wacom Bamboo stylus
*img7.imageshack.us/img7/355/20120805121112.jpg
using with my ipad.
*img171.imageshack.us/img171/9436/52996347802055887694013.jpg
drawn using ipad.
& here comes apple star product ipod 4g, iphone 4 & new ipad.
*img256.imageshack.us/img256/7533/20120728130059.jpg

abhidev

Human Spambot
finally bought

Corsair 400R - Rs.4650
Intel i5 3570k - Rs. 17,000(edited)(Costly...coz only PrimeAbgb had it and no one else)
Asus P8Z77 M - Rs.9650

Pics coming soon :D

Edited...the cost....calculation mistake :D

Last edited:

SunE

Professional Newbie
@ abhidev nice purchases bro. Now the thing that baffles me the most is that why you went for the i5 at that price when you could've had a better i7-2600k for around the same price?

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
Guess so :p
When the samsung gives I'll try HP writer maybe.

I'll look for the filters, lenses won't work, cause it needs an adapter, which unfortunately is only available in USA.

OK, I'll give HP a shot.

When I mentioned close-up lens, I was referring to an attachment/accessory that threads on to the front of the camera lens just like a regular filter in a threaded ring (looks much like one too). It is NOT like those with lens barrel and all. It doesn't need any adapter.

abhidev

Human Spambot
@ abhidev nice purchases bro. Now the thing that baffles me the most is that why you went for the i5 at that price when you could've had a better i7-2600k for around the same price?

yea...got it too costly...coz only primeabgb had it and no one else in the market....we were bargaining with him for almost an hour...but he didn't budge...also coz for the earlier components we had bargained a lot and this time we were at the weaker spot :(. Also I had been waiting for it for almost 3 weeks now...so had to get it :D

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
@abhidev,buddy 3570k @17.4 its veryhigh should have got 2600k,i got a quote of 14500+tax at s.p.road

Are you talking about 2500k or 2600k? I think 13-14k was the price of i7 2600k during the golden days when I got my i5 2500 for 9.5k

@SIDDHARTH.BEAM Good purchase eBro.

Top Bottom