Post Deadly Virus Info here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hi, Guys...

when PC's r there so r the viruses....:D

so...we have seen so many of viruses/worms/spyware etc..:x

then y not share some info abt those which u xperienced or found very difficult...;-)

if u know some of them pls do post abt them...:smile:

jal_desai

In the zone
Initially there were Brontok, sal.xls.exe and the like.. I was really pissed off by them.. but then when i got in touch with more geek guys, i got solutions for them..

Recently I had a one-on-one with System.exe... It's a virus tht was residing in my pen drive and i was unaware of it. (I hate giving my pen drive to ppl) . When I inserted it into my XP Laptop, it started screwing me.. i figured out something's wrong coz the mouse piointer started behaving ITCHY and STICKY.... AS expected, when i clicked my drives, it showd the "Open With..." dialog box... TWO full scans with Avast and Antivir... but in vain! Finally i tried to open Taskmanager... i saw two processes system.exe and sys.exe ... i thought them to be the culprit and tried to end it but suddenly task manager closed... it never opened again. then I tried to unhide all folders thru DOS and there i could see the devil himself.... A SYSTEM.EXE . i thot i will delete it and al probs will be gone. but when i deleted it... my system restarted... then somehow.. avast caught it and shred it successfully... two days of tension gone..

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
Wht a hell is dis pain in a pen....

Really I didn't know about pen drive viruses a year back, until my system was captured. Generally pen drive virus replicate themselves while pluging it into public PC, or PC where cell phone are repaired as well contents uploader.

I faced commwarrior, commdropper, Cabir, Cdropper etc etc which are S60 viruses. Theses viruses were offered to me by my friend's pendrive.

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
hey i was just goin to create this thread, coz i was infected just now by khatarnak.exe. posting a new thread to get more help

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Has anybody heard of "Michael Angelo" virus....???:confused:

Is there any Hardware virus....one of my frnd's RAM was cooked due 2 a hw virus...:D
(Initially he has 256MB RAM...then it showed 512MB (on pause+break) he was surprised & happy 4 OC RAM...then 1GB....& finally boooooooooooooommm!!!!...:!:

I myself xperienced a Win32 - Pesin A so notorious my whole .exe files were effected
even it didnt worked with AVG (virusvault.exe was affected too) so
finally i had 2 format...my HDD....last option always with u...;-)

which among these is harmful

1.Virus
2.Worm
3.Spyware
4.Malware
5.other

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
Is there any Hardware virus....one of my frnd's RAM was cooked due 2 a hw virus...:D
(Initially he has 256MB RAM...then it showed 512MB (on pause+break) he was surprised & happy 4 OC RAM...then 1GB....& finally boooooooooooooommm!!!!...:!:

never heard of such virus.............can u tell its name.........:-|

abhijangda

Padawan
i have experienced with vbs.funlove virus. this virus corrupts every software. when i tried to run nero which was effected by this virus gives me a warning that this program has been corrupted by a virus. then i scanned with panda which i installed with digit cd. This is the time of year 2004. that was a good virus.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

My B.E College lab PCs were infected with library of viruses....
Out of them worm was funny...

I once saw a worm during practicals....

when i copied some text in notepad (using ctrl + c) that text was not copied...
instead it pasted "fool" ...strange worm....;-)

prem4u

Old is Gold
I heard lot about Hw viruses ...But how they work...
Is it defect from manufacturer side...or what..?

Status
Not open for further replies.