Possible Water damage to laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

INS-ANI

In the zone
Its sad.. sad news. The mumbai cyclone may have its toll on first non-living creature -my laptop!

It was kept on a table near window when it rained heavily.And it drenched my lappy.

I took out the battery, cleaned it and kept it under a 60 W bulb for almost 6 hrs.

I felt it would be nice time to start, but the bios won't load completely. The bios screen has a "download bar" kind of thing which stops when it is at almost 80%.

Suggest me what to do next... the battery is out, and its again under the bulb!

JaX

Broken In
Hmm.. I'm guessing you're not covered under warranty for this sort of thing.
Something like this happened to my desktop motherboard (I know, don't even ask). At that time I was still doing my engineering so I took the mobo to the lab and had it dried out under a blower.

Maybe you need to take your lappy apart and do the same, just to ensure that no water droplets are left behind.
I'm a bit worried about your BIOS not loading, it could indicate some damage. Umm, try resetting?

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
great news.. its working.

made a tent out of chart paper, put the lappy inside and dried it with a 60 w bulb for almost 1 and half days...

I guess the bios was reset after it came in contact with water.. thats why it was taking so much time to load... it again took almost 15 minutes to load.. but in the end lappy worked..!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom