Portable retro game console

Nerevarine

Incarnate
better get a telescopic controller for android, you could play cloud gaming with that whenever it launches or set up your own.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
*www.gadgetlite.in/2021/01/best-aliexpress-alternative-after-ban-in-india/
Its just a blogpost about alternatives to aliexpress, none of them say if these particular ones are actually delivering to india. It could be the same situation as aliexpress.

I wanted to order drone parts but damn indian govt is incredibly stupid. Without alternatives, all they do is ban ban ban.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
How about steel series stratus? It is cheaper than both razer kishi and gamesir x2.
If you want ultra cheap then there is amkette evo pro 4 for 2300.

Best hand held might go to this big boy.

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
How about steel series stratus? It is cheaper than both razer kishi and gamesir x2.

These clip on controllers make it top heavy. Telescopic is the only way for mobile game controllers for long term, without any wrist problems
NACON unveils its range of Designed for Xbox accessories

this is one more thats coming soon, but i guess will be as expensive as kishi.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
These clip on controllers make it top heavy. Telescopic is the only way for mobile game controllers for long term, without any wrist problems
NACON unveils its range of Designed for Xbox accessories

this is one more thats coming soon, but i guess will be as expensive as kishi.
Keep an eye on this one
*www.furper.com/products/flydigi-wa...PBzofxzKBlJ-2mFzVaZnSW4Lg3h7SKlUaAisKEALw_wcB

Or get this
*www.furper.com/collections/gaming/products/gamesir-x2-bluetooth-mobile-gaming-controller

Last edited:
OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I just use my xbox controller with my phone. Way better than paying useless customs and shipping.
I too have XBOX One controller but with lot of thoughts I would prefer a dedicated handheld.

Pros of having an phone + controller as handheld
  • You get Awesome screen size (5.5" & above) + superb display(SLCD/AMOLED)
  • Excellent chipset of your phone than portables (SD710 or SD855 etc.)
  • Fantabulous speed while playing retro games on Emulator (excellent speed in PSP, DreamCast/N64 emulation)
  • You can replace the phone if it goes dead with another phone (often happens)
  • Variety of options for Rooting OS + Experiments
  • Excellent Read/Write speed of phone hardware.

Cons of having an phone + controller as handheld
  • Super bulky device along with controller
  • You get interrupted in between while playing (phone call from Girl friend/Wife etc.)
  • You cannot carry in pocket with controller and whistle around

Pros of having an portable handheld device
  • Superb GUI which attracts everyone's attention
  • Humongous amount of inbuilt games (10000+ depending on SD card) which you cannot complete in your life time
  • Plug and Play out of the Box
  • Super light and portable to carry in your pocket and run a marathon
  • Excellent support from Devs around the world in forums ( as they keep on releasing new stuff every now & then)
  • Eye catching design than a phone (may be a FAD)
  • Root other Emu Roms any time
  • Dedicated device with no interference in between
  • Lot of color options (Red, Green, Blue etc) --- Checkout Retroid Pocket 2 color options

Cons of having an phone + controller as handheld
  • Low FPS in some games (PS2/PSP/N64) because of chipset
  • Screen size (if you are large screen fanatic)

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Keep an eye on this one
*www.furper.com/products/flydigi-wa...PBzofxzKBlJ-2mFzVaZnSW4Lg3h7SKlUaAisKEALw_wcB

Or get this
*www.furper.com/collections/gaming/products/gamesir-x2-bluetooth-mobile-gaming-controller
Game Sir X2 is excellent and looks exactly like Nintendo Switch and has tilted USB-C port. But you cannot use 3.5mm headphone while playing

Razor Kishi has excellent hardware build quality much better than Game Sir X2 but design is not that great than Game Sir X2.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I used it with a phone stand and usb-c hub.
XBox controller feels great when you have a good large screen in front of you more than 8" may be.

I use it with my iPad Pro to play some controller games and the experience is Superb in it. But while playing on my Realme X2 Pro it looks little bit uncomfortable.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I have seen that handheld. Its a power house for sure but super noisy and gets heated fast and why would you play AAA titles which are GPU heavy on a handheld instead I would prefer and RayTracing GPU with 50" LCD TV to enjoy the experience.

There are two problems with it.
  • You will have to constantly plug in the power cable for get 60+ fps in games
  • Looks weird to use it other than gaming (making ppt or multimedia editing etc)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
most mobile controllers that are telescopic fail at 2 things .

1. thumbsticks are usually crap, they dont have as good degree of movement like kishi, or nintendo switch
2. analog triggers replaced by buttons.

Top Bottom