Portable Gaming System

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:BF3,Crysis2,3,Farcry 3.................only games nothing else

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:25-30k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:no

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:win 7 64 bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:suggest anything....i'll just keep the os and some installed games...........i will not be storing anything in it

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:any
7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:in two weeks

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:yes i'll do it

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:kolkata

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

this build will basically be something i can take out with me to play games only......there are instances where i have to travel and its impossible to take my initial rig with me therefore i am thinking of making a rig that is portable or something like that

make the biuld small i mean in size

If you want to build a system for carrying away and you do already have a system, yhen you must be already having a monitor. Do you want to reuse it?

i was thinking of getting a small monitor any size would do.....i am basically making this build tso that i can fit it in a bag and go with it....anyplace i go.....i usually have work and have to stay there for a week or so therefore thought of it...also i don't quite dig console gaming....i would.nt run the games in ultra or anything but just to play smooth at medium or low would do good

mini itx cabinet types i guess

AMD a10 5800k (8100)
MSI FM2-A55M-E33 Motherboard (3800)
Logitech mk200 KB & mouse combo (700)
G.SKILL RAM RIPJAWS X 8GB DDR3 1333FSB (2700)
LG optical drive (1000)
Corsair vs450 (2200)
Seagate 500 GB HDD (2200)

total: 20700

I'll suggest the monitor an cabiet later.

I need to ask one thing, will you be taking even the monitor with you while travelling, or just the cabinet?

Cilus

laborare est orare
better get the Corsair vengeance 1600 MHz 8 GB Ram with it. The IGP performance increases with high speed ram significantly.

Here's the final config:

AMD a10 5800k (8100)
MSI FM2-A55M-E33 Motherboard (3800)
Logitech mk200 KB & mouse combo (700)
G.SKILL RAM RIPJAWS X 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz FSB (3400)
LG optical drive (1000)
Corsair vs450 (2200)
Seagate 160 GB HDD (2200)
lg 20" led monitor (6500)

total: ~27k

try to get a mini itx cabinet locally.

Top Bottom