POP3 trouble .... plz HELP....

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
hi i m unable to access to access my mail even though my mobile suports POP3 IMAP and SMTP

i v a sony ericsson T230 phone .....
my moblile settings are as follows

Connect using ----- HUTCH_GPRS
Protocol ----- POP3
Inc. server ----- pop.gmail.com
Inc. port ----- 990
Mailbox ----- username@gmail.com
Password ----- *******
Outgoing server ----- smtp.gmail.com
Outgoing port ----- 465
E-Mail address ----- username@gmail.com

when i click on send/receive i get

the message i get is
sending mail .... connecting ... finding server (for 10-12 seconds) .... and then finally SERVER NOT FOUND

i tried signing up with other POP3 mail providers also but my mobile remains dumb.

plz HELP

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
You have to use the HutchAccess account to enable the email functionality on your phone. Send WWW as an SMS to 123 to enable you to get the WWW settings on your phone and to enable HutchAccess.
Once you're done, you will be able to send/receive mails from SMTP/POP3 servers. Hutch presently does not support POP3/SMTP messages on WAP over GPRS.

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
Hutch presently does not support POP3/SMTP messages on WAP over GPRS.

if hutch does not support POP3 and SMTP then how do i send and receive messages?
i tried downloading the settings but there is a new error saying "GPRS parameters not supported"

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
If you want to access your POP3 server and send mail via SMTP, heres what you need to do:
1. First send WWW as an SMS to 123
2. When you get the settings from them, store them in your phone.
3. Call up HutchCare and make sure they activate the settings (usually it takes a couple of hours)
4. Go to Messaging>Email>Options in your SE phone and click Edit Account> New account.
5. Create a new account name and then select "Connect Using" and select HUTCH_WWW as the data account.
6. Under protocol select POP3
7. In "Incoming server" enter pop.gmail.com
8. In "Incoming port" enter 995
9. In "Mailbox" enter your Gmail account name.
10. Enter your Gmail password in "Password"
11. Under "Outgoing server" enter smtp.gmail.com
12. Under "Outgoing port" enter 465
13. Enter your email address in "E-Mail Address"
14. Under "Download" select "Headers only"
15. Enter your name in "From name"
16. Enter a signature, if you like, under "Signature"
17. Under "Copy Outgoing" select "Off"
18. Select "Off" under "Check Interval"

Once your HutchAccess account is activated, you will be able to send/receive mails using these settings. For other POP3 servers, the process is the same, except that the incoming/outgoing ports will change to 110/25.

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
well what is Hutch Access?
i have GPRS active in my phone!!

Rs.99 gets deducted every month .....

sud i opt for the Rs.499 wala GPRS in order to use POP facility??

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Yes, you finally got the idea. You need the HutchAccess service which allows you to access the Web properly.

*www.hutch.co.in/gujarathome/ourservices/hutchaccess.asp

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
No idea about Airtel, but they too have a GPRS connection for accessing the web. I think its a bit pricier than Hutch, but I don't know about their settings, you can either contact Airtel's customer service or take the phone to the nearest customer service office to have them configure the phone for you, or someone at the forums currently using an Airtel GPRS connection can help you with the settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom