Ponting admits Australia failings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Captain Ricky Ponting admitted Australia lost their focus at the key time as they slumped to a one-day series defeat against India.

*newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44467000/jpg/_44467310_rickyponting203.jpg

"There are no excuses - we lost three games in a row and two of them were finals," he said after India won the second final in Brisbane by nine runs.

It is the second successive year Australia have lost in a home series final, after England's 2-0 win in 2007.

"Our level of cricket has dropped and we did the same last year," he added.

Australia, who won the World Cup for the third successive time last year in the Caribbean, return to the West Indies on tour in May.

They play three Tests, followed by a Twenty20 international and a five-match one-day series.

"We might have to look at the way we go about things to try and save some momentum up for the end of series," Ponting said.

Reflecting on India's victory down under, the Australia skipper said: "They outplayed us in the two finals and deserve to go home with the trophy."

Ponting denied that the friction between Harbhajan Singh and members of his team during India's tour had affected Australia's focus.

"It's quietened down over the last week and we've played our worst cricket over the last week," he said.

Source

OP
Gigacore

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Indian Team must work hard and must continue to keep the momentum.. They should not have over confidence, or else...

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^They will surely have Overconfidence now. This will lead to a lot of failures in the upcoming matches, if any.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I don't believe on what Ponting said.......

Its not that their level of cricket has dropped.......IMO India's level of cricket has improved........Both the Bastmen and the Bowlers contributed in the Finals and this is what we need.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
This photograph is making me laugh:

*ind.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/87900/87995.2.jpg

Look at their hands and their faces.......:lol:

Last edited:

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^Its nice to see them like this. I hope this series has taught them a lesson - Never underestimate another team:)

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
The best India-Australia fight happens in the comments of YouTube videos....
I'm going there to answer them back.....:D

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
Huh... Bad series. Many things other than cricket. Get over it both the teams... and focus on the next games.

Those who live in the past can never progress. You know why Aussies have Kangaroo on their kits? Cause it can never go back. Kangaroo cannot take a backward step. And I think neither did the Aussies... until now.

Australia played bad and India played good. But that is history now. They both should focus on next challenges.

OP
Gigacore

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
@ aditya, well said.. Guys like Sachin, yuvraj, gambhir and Dhoni can maintain the consistency. But newbies need to hold their horses and look forward on the upcoming matches

axxo

99.9% Idle
enough encouraging Indian cricket team...all this will lead to yet another inconsistence performance from them....
Indian team never learned to win in successive matches..they failed to show consistencies in the past...
look at the aussies..they lost two series in two years..now talk about Indian team???.it would be reciprocal.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
This photograph is making me laugh:

*ind.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/87900/87995.2.jpg

Look at their hands and their faces.......:lol:

:mad: hey y ponting is showing his middle finger.....:mrgreen: it shows he is arrogant.....or maybe :twisted: cursing us from inside.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom