Point and shoot within 30k

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
What's your view on low light photography of RX100

But if are asking about low light handheld shots then I think you wont be able to go too high ISO and tele end is f4.9 which is too slow...it will be worse then a DSLR+kit lens..but ultimately produce much better result then any P&S ...remember its worlds best P&S only.

I can shoot at ISO 1600 with S110 without having to worry about noise, RX100 is much better camera.

OP
angie

angie

At last the devil is here
[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] Can you think of any mirrorless camera which beats RX100 in image quality and video options and still cost less than 35k? I was checking A3000 and A3500 but they don't have many good reviews.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Gen I know I am pixelpeeping but even on my D7000 I can see noise at ISO1600 ... and then RX100 have just 1 inch sensor. I see only clean 1600 images of full frame DSLRs
[MENTION=82051]angie[/MENTION] I will check on that

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Thanks for taking the time out and posting the link. Cheers man...!

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to get into photography, check mirrorless cameras too. they have DSLR like sensors and size is lesser than DSLRs.

Rx100 can produce nice pics but it have its restrictions..it may take nice portraits and landscapes but not birding or macro or wirelessly flashing etc..

M4/3 have mainly advantage in weight..but its still not as good as dslr in low light..and it dont have soo many lens choices

[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] Can you think of any mirrorless camera which beats RX100 in image quality and video options and still cost less than 35k? I was checking A3000 and A3500 but they don't have many good reviews.

A5000 seems to be pretty good (33k in Flipkart). Anyone here used it?
Sony ILCE-5000L with SELP1650 Lens Mirrorless Camera Rs.31990 Price in India - Buy Sony ILCE-5000L with SELP1650 Lens Mirrorless Camera Black Online - Sony : Flipkart.com

OP
angie

angie

A5000 seems to be pretty good (33k in Flipkart). Anyone here used it?
Sony ILCE-5000L with SELP1650 Lens Mirrorless Camera Rs.31990 Price in India - Buy Sony ILCE-5000L with SELP1650 Lens Mirrorless Camera Black Online - Sony : Flipkart.com

Interesting. Can't comment about photo quality but it has APSC sensor (23.5 x 15.4 mm) vs RX100's 1 inch (13.2 x 8.8 mm) sensor, can't say how it will perform against RX100.
Video recording is 24fps only though which leads to choppiness. Limited reviews on youtube. Will check more.

Rx100 has a better resolution LCD 1,228,800 dots than a5000 (460,800 dots)
A5000 is quite comparable to Rx100 in terms of size and weight.

Last edited:

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Gen I know I am pixelpeeping but even on my D7000 I can see noise at ISO1600 ... and then RX100 have just 1 inch sensor. I see only clean 1600 images of full frame DSLRs
[MENTION=82051]angie[/MENTION] I will check on that

Well, DSLR & mirrorless no doubt be better, but I meant ISO 1600 with RX100 will surely give usable pictures & for the size of that cam its worth it, you can fit it in the jeans pocket.

Here's one at ISO1600 on my cam.
*flic.kr/p/qGQRK5

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=82051]angie[/MENTION] you can not actually compare a ILC or interchangable lens camera with a RX100 ...as I said RX100 is the best P&S and it have restrictions...you can add a big zoom on a5000 and shoot birds or attach a wide angle lens and shoot landscapes...RX100 have limitations on everything

@gen I am myself looking to buy a used RX100 ;) even I am under negotiation with one guy for 16k :D I really like RX100 for its quality of pics, built and compactness

$hadow

Geek in making
[MENTION=82051]angie[/MENTION] you can not actually compare a ILC or interchangable lens camera with a RX100 ...as I said RX100 is the best P&S and it have restrictions...you can add a big zoom on a5000 and shoot birds or attach a wide angle lens and shoot landscapes...RX100 have limitations on everything

@gen I am myself looking to buy a used RX100 ;) even I am under negotiation with one guy for 16k :D I really like RX100 for its quality of pics, built and compactness

1st gen right? Coz I am getting one for 17k

OP
angie

angie

Here's a thread saying you need expensive mirrorless to beat Rx100
Re: Mirrorless Camera vs Sony Cybershot DSC-RX100?: Open Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

- - - Updated - - -

@angie you can not actually compare a ILC or interchangable lens camera with a RX100 ...as I said RX100 is the best P&S and it have restrictions...you can add a big zoom on a5000 and shoot birds or attach a wide angle lens and shoot landscapes...RX100 have limitations on everything

How would you compare Rx100 against A5000 with its default 18-50 mm lens?

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=82051]angie[/MENTION] I saw the comparisions and that thread...but its just purely illogical to say that you need costly mirrorless against RX100 ....tell me a simple thing ..RX100 have just 28-115mm range , if you need to do birding what will you do ...RX100 will simply become useless . even a cheap EPL3 can take zooms made for mirrorless cams and do birding. RX100 can definitely do maco but its not pro macro but just a P&S level macro. A simple sony Nex3 can take macro lens and produce much sharper image.

I dont think its fair to compare both. RX100 is just best P&S , thats all.

- - - Updated - - -

Again A5000+kit ....if you are ok with investing in photography for macro, zoom lens then that combo is better. but with default kit you will be able to do just family shots..and landscapes...it wont produce much blurring nor macro magnification nor birding :)

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Rx100 has a better resolution LCD 1,228,800 dots than a5000 (460,800 dots)
Really??? Is this the priority to pick between the two? ;)

How would you compare Rx100 against A5000 with its default 18-50 mm lens?
It's all a trade. We can't get Enfield's performance from Splendor+ @ XL super price. ;) Get your priorities straight, you will know which one suits you best.

OP
angie

angie

@angie I saw the comparisions and that thread...but its just purely illogical to say that you need costly mirrorless against RX100 ....tell me a simple thing ..RX100 have just 28-115mm range , if you need to do birding what will you do ...RX100 will simply become useless . even a cheap EPL3 can take zooms made for mirrorless cams and do birding. RX100 can definitely do maco but its not pro macro but just a P&S level macro. A simple sony Nex3 can take macro lens and produce much sharper image.

I dont think its fair to compare both. RX100 is just best P&S , thats all.

- - - Updated - - -

Again A5000+kit ....if you are ok with investing in photography for macro, zoom lens then that combo is better. but with default kit you will be able to do just family shots..and landscapes...it wont produce much blurring nor macro magnification nor birding :)

I understand all your points. my question was suppose we are taking a picture at 50 mm range for both cams, whose picture will come better? Going by the sensor size I would suppose that mirrorless should be better, but the thread I posted before confused me. So my logic is for 18-55 mm default lense, the mirrorless should beat Rx100 for THAT range, am I correct?

- - - Updated - - -

Really??? Is this the priority to pick between the two? ;)
By no means, I was just listing the differences for my reference. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=82051]angie[/MENTION]. yes if you shoot at 50mm on a RX100 and a mirrorless like EPL5 at same time , EPL5 will produce better pic.

OP
angie

angie

ordered the Rx100 from ebay at 25k. No coupon code applied on the listing.

Thank you all for the replies.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Congrats... Click some photographs with it and share here in photography thread.

bikramjitkar

In the zone
ordered the Rx100 from ebay at 25k. No coupon code applied on the listing.

Thank you all for the replies.

Congrats! I was thinking of going for that or the a5000, but then I started watching youtube tutorials on photography and experimenting with manual mode on my old Canon SX10IS, and will now go for a DSLR only. Will probably get a D7000 from US (500$ on Amazon) and some nice lenses. :D

OP
angie

angie

Ordered on 3rd , still no info on shipping. contacted seller and he gave a bluedart waybill which shows shipping date as 5th and From Mumbai to Mumbai (suffice to say I am not located in mumbai). Mailed him again.

I hope I don't regret buying from ebay.

Edit: Ebay certainly need to revamp their website. The shipping date in 'my purchase' is obviously incorrect. Clicking on paisapay Id shows that product is yet to be shipped.
- - - Updated - - -

Congrats! I was thinking of going for that or the a5000, but then I started watching youtube tutorials on photography and experimenting with manual mode on my old Canon SX10IS, and will now go for a DSLR only. Will probably get a D7000 from US (500$ on Amazon) and some nice lenses. :D

Great.
DSLR just doesn't float my boat , otherwise I would have gone for Nikon D5200.

Top Bottom