Plz suggest a Lappy in 50k range

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
@infra red dude
the only difference btwn 4710g and 4710 is of a graphics card.
my friend purchased 4710 in just rs 41000 along with a free carry bag. so i m expectin the price of 4710g around 45k. i will enquire abt it today.
@cheeta
no dude dell 1420 in that config is crossin the limits

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@cheeta
no dude dell 1420 in that config is crossin the limits

Strange

Did u call the Dell Poeple ?? even in web site its not crossing 50k mark so expect a huge cut when u do call them manually :lol:

OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

no cheeta its really crossin the limits. it goin to 53k

bump

Last edited:
OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

no yaar. i smsed their customer care yesternight but their timin is from 9a.m to 6p.m. and today i was in college till 6 so i hav to inquire tomorrow

hey Plz ans my these questions soon. Plz
1. hows C2D T5500 1.66gigs. i read that it doesnot support INTEL VIRTUALIZATION TECH! will it make any difference.
2. can i upgrade the graphics card of laptop later if i hav an inferior one?
Plz reply soon

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
1) if it doesn't haf virtualization (confirm this) then the performance of OS on emulators (like virtual pc, vmware, virtual box) will be affected. its not that it won't be usable but built in virtualisation is always better.

2) only if the gfx card is modular (MXM technology etc.) but afaik, all commonly available laptops in india do not haf this feature.

also check this post out: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=590192&postcount=2

Ash HFZ

Techno Enthusiast
The T5500 1.66 Ghz is not a Santa Rosa processor while the T5450 1.66 Ghz is for the Santa Rosa platform..... If you ask me you better go for the latest Santa Rosa platform than going for an older one....

OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

hey can any1 tell if acer 4710G is available in india or not. i talked to a stupid acer retailer and he told me that they hav only 4710 and not 4710g

bump

bump

Last edited:

Ash HFZ

Techno Enthusiast
I could not get any online price listing in Rs. for the 4710g and so I doubt it is available in India.... It is just damn bad to see many computer-based products and offers being offered in US, Canada, Europe, Aussie and all but not in India :(

OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

actually 4710 is recently launched so i expect it is not popular yet. but i m hopin to get 4710g in india coz it has very good config and value for money

hey see this

they hav given the price of 4710g as rs 42,297
i wonder if its available in india.
OH PLZ SOME1 TELL ME

*asia.cnet.com/reviews/notebooks/0,39050488,40763445p,00.htm

Last edited:
For acer 4710, i got price 39300+vat. (but linux)
and for acer 4710z ( dual core), price is 34750+vat.

for dv6502TX, price is 44300. (vista home premium includes)
for compaq, V3424TU, price is 41900+vat (vista home) &
V6425TU, price is 35700+vat.(freedos)

vat is around 4%.

now guys tell me any better price of other models with nearly same config pls....

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom