Plz identify this display problem

techani

Journeyman
I am facing this problem for around 2 months. The problem is -

Sometimes the monitor doesnt show anything on switching on the pc.

Sometimes it only shows the POST screen and doesnt show anything.

Sometimes I see upto the black XP screen and then the display shows different colours.

Again if i only switch off the monitor while the pc is running and i switch it on then I only see different colours.

Often when i dont see any display I get those dull colours which changes with the change in the original display inside.(I hope u can understand what i mean here!)

Now once that problem comes either while booting or after switching on the monitor, I have to switch the pc off and let it to cool down and sometimes it requires more time(say 4hrs) to again come to normal.

Can anyone plz tell me that problem?

Thanks...

OP
T

techani

Journeyman
Processor - C2D 6420 2.13Ghz
Motherboard - Asus G45/G43 Exp Chipset. (I forgot the actual name !)
Ram - 4gb
Hdd - 200gb
Monitor - Phillips 105E

check for cable faults. replace cable

test with other monitor. if problem occurs on different monitor as well, get the mobo to company 4 replacement

OP
T

techani

Journeyman
Ok today I thought that instead of bringing in another monitor from a friend I can put-in the gfx card and see whether its working or not. BTW that time the display was not coming. I found out that the display was still not coming through the card! I checked the card in another machine and it was working.

But right now my pc is working again through the onboard vga.
So its the motherboard thats in fault right?

BTW this is the replaced mb which I got from ASUS exactly before a year. Before I had P5B-VM. Now its P5Q-VM.

So whats wrong with ASUS? The warranty had expired in the month of July this year.

What to do, should I go for another mb? From which company? Actually I would still prefer Asus or should I go for another one?
How much can they charge to repair this one?

I dont know whether I will be able to see the replies from this pc or not...

Thank you

Somebody plz help me here...

Last edited:
Top Bottom