Plz help, for upgrade budget: 15~16k

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoBo

Broken In
Hi,
now, I'm just fed up of my old P3 Grandpa pc that i used for 6 yrs, wanna upgrd to vIsTa now. well, my budget is limited to 15to 16 k. first, as my previous sys was an INTEL system, i HaTe the brand. will prefer to go for an AMD system, i need a system that gives BeSt VaLuE for the money, most preferbly, a dual-core system, decent o/b graphics, atlest 512-1gb ram, and a dvd writer(SATA), n HDD if fits in the config. it is certain that i will need to change the SMPS n Tower, so can you help me with the upgradation? n yes, i looked through some of the existing threads, i could not find AnY of the config that fit into my requirements.

well, I live in pune, so can you guys suggest me a good place to buy the hardware, coz i'm a bit newbie in this city.

Thank you!

sakumar79

Technomancer
AMD X2 3600+ - Rs 3400
ASUS M2N8-VMX - Rs 3100
1 GB DDR2 Kingston RAM - Rs 1800
Liteon 20x DVD Writer - Rs 1950
160 GB Seagate SATA2 HDD - Rs 2600
Basic Cabinet with 400W SMPS - Rs 1500

Total cost: Rs 14350 (prices taken from *www.deltapage.com/ but HDD price and cabinet price are estimates)

If you can put a bit more, go for AMD X2 3800+ (700 extra) or 4000+ (1800 extra)

Arun

OP
L

LoBo

Broken In
Thanx lot dude,

I chkd the prices of the SAME hardware abt a month ago, but the prices were very different, the board was for abt rs. 3900, ram was for 3500, n hdd was for abt 3100. are the prices are dropped so far??? n wot abt this M2N8 VMX board??? can u plz tell me the specs of that board???

sakumar79

Technomancer
Check out specs at *www.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=1&model=1375&l1=3&l2=101&l3=349

Regarding price, the prices are generally for the website company which is based in Chennai... For your city, there may be some variations due to shipping costs within India being different for different cities... Check out with a local dealer for accurate price info in your locality

Arun

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
dont go for that mobo go for this one ..asus M2A-VM HDMI or M2A-VM..cuz they r the latest & give the best performance...especially in games & vista's aero interface :D

sakumar79

Technomancer
Actually, that is not a bad idea... M2A-VM is based on AMD690G chipset and is supposed to be pretty good... But it will cost 4.4k (1300 extra)

Arun

OP
L

LoBo

Broken In
thanks, again!

i just checked the info for M2A-VM board. pretty good value for money, but there's one thing i found interesting(and disappointing!) in that is the onboard gfx are PS 2.0 compatible; whereas M2N XXXX series have GeForce 6XXX series which are PS 3.0 compatible. so, the question is, which one will give better gaming performance? (i expect to enjoy HL2, DOOM3, NFS:MW at lower-med settings).

n yes, sorry friends can't help, its my curiosity, can u guyz plz suggest any InTeL substitutes, which is as good as these are, but will fit in my budget. I'm ready to sacrifice on DVD writer.

thank you.

ssk_the_gr8

LoBo said:
thanks, again!

i just checked the info for M2A-VM board. pretty good value for money, but there's one thing i found interesting(and disappointing!) in that is the onboard gfx are PS 2.0 compatible; whereas M2N XXXX series have GeForce 6XXX series which are PS 3.0 compatible. so, the question is, which one will give better gaming performance? (i expect to enjoy HL2, DOOM3, NFS:MW at lower-med settings).

n yes, sorry friends can't help, its my curiosity, can u guyz plz suggest any InTeL substitutes, which is as good as these are, but will fit in my budget. I'm ready to sacrifice on DVD writer.

thank you.

for such a low budget u have to go for amd....it is better value for money...& how does it matter if it is ps 2.0 compatible...cuz with onboard gfx anyhow u cant run the games in anything but the lowest settings...so dont keep waitin just go & replace ur crappy pc now:p

Pathik

Google Bot
If u r into gaming go for the nvidia 6150se chipset mobos..
but for normal usage the 690g chipset mobos ll be faster...

OP
L

LoBo

Broken In
thanks a lot guyz,
I've purchased the h/w frm Data Care Corp. from Deccan Gymkhana, pune.

AMD Athon x2- rs. 3400
M2N-Mx rs. 3900
1GB ram - rs. 1850
160 GB Seagage SATA - rs. 2450
iBall Grabit- rs. 1575
Sony DVD writer SATA - rs. 1900

AMD roxxxxxxxx!

ssk_the_gr8

gannu_rox said:
Yeah... Rite.... Hw abt suxxxxxxxxx???? As well as Ati..... Suxxxxx big time..

Sh*tole of a company...
u r out of ur mind...just becuz they r doin badly now..they suck..remember last year ..jan..when amd was the king..

pathiks said:
If u r into gaming go for the nvidia 6150se chipset mobos..
but for normal usage the 690g chipset mobos ll be faster...
hey its not corrrect...690g has better graphics than 6150se

LoBo said:
thanks a lot guyz,
I've purchased the h/w frm Data Care Corp. from Deccan Gymkhana, pune.

AMD Athon x2- rs. 3400
M2N-Mx rs. 3900
1GB ram - rs. 1850
160 GB Seagage SATA - rs. 2450
iBall Grabit- rs. 1575
Sony DVD writer SATA - rs. 1900

AMD roxxxxxxxx!
u should have got 690g based M2A-VM.....:| it is much better than m2n-mx

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
ssk_the_gr8 said:
hey its not corrrect...690g has better graphics than 6150se
Yup 690G has better graphics and renders better... but 6150se has shader model 3.0 whereas 690g has 2.0... thats the only drawback in 690g

ssk_the_gr8

pathiks said:
Yup 690G has better graphics and renders better... but 6150se has shader model 3.0 whereas 690g has 2.0... thats the only drawback in 690g

it doesnt matter man..any way u cant enjoy games with SM3.0 with onboard graphics therefore 690g is a better deal cuz it will give u better frame rates!!

saggygenius

I M BACK , WITH A BANG
BTW you should have gone for the 690 G chipset based mobo,
which is having better onboard gfx as well as HDMI support

& u could have got the jetway 690G chipset based mobo for 3400Rs,

sorry u missed the shot

OP
L

LoBo

Broken In
noooo guyz.

i didnt miss the shot!!. I've got a disk that enables my board to be compitable with windows vista. a vista driver disk. n i just chkd anandtech.com. nvidia is gonna release nforce 630/geforce 7050 chipset boards for the same skt n platform. i'm waiting for that board to be released.

for gaming, now i can run Age of Mythology, Need for Speed: MW, Doom 3 at very fine framerates. I dont have a windows vista disk now. but will buy one in the next salary. using microsoft virtual PC 2004, i can virtualize 3 computers at a time! and thats all i needed. it has a PCI-express x16 slot. so i can buy AnY better graphics card anytime i want!

P.S. the M2A-VM baord was not available that day(all of them were sold out!), i didnt have time to wait for that.

AMD and Nvidia combo roxxxx!

n yes, i heard that Mac os can be run on PC. Where can i find it? will it run on my system?

Last edited:

ssk_the_gr8

LoBo said:
n yes, i heard that Mac os can be run on PC. Where can i find it? will it run on my system?

it's illegal to run a mac on a pc..u have to buyan apple mac computer to use mac os

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom