pls..pls..help.want usefull data back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi...
this is my first post in this forum .....actually i need help. i have two os on my system win 98 n win xp ...c: drive in fat 32 (win98 ) n d: drive in ntfs(win xp)
few days before my win 98 is got currupted but booting sequence was working proper ..so i decided to fomat that partition after my exams(pgdca till 20jan) and do fresh installation in both drives. but the problem consist when my win xp got currupted in which i used to work n my very usefull data is in that's my documents folder.so i decide to repair it with my xp cd. but hell is when power fails also ups was not charged ...i try to repair it again but again power
fails n my window got black.. when i again try to repair it ..the setup did not recognize any install os on that drive so i had to intall it in the same drive but in a new folder name winnew so that my data in that previous window would not be delete. process goes fine but when tried to access that administator folder in documents n setting folder....error message says access denied"""sumthing like 'u should be administator to login'. so i decided to repair my win 98 after repairing again the problem nither 98 nor dos support ntfs. then i decide to fomat my c drive to install winxp in it thinking that through that window i can access that folder but all in vain same problem again.someone suggested me to use partition magic to convert ntfs file system to fat32. but when i serch it on net the information i get is that there is no security of data. my friend gave me knopix linux cd
to do work from it when i use it it shows all my data but the problem is that i cant copy them in another drive nor move them. now you all can understand my problem. that data is very usefull for me...pls pls pls..pls..someone help me i would be very thakfull to him..

suggest any way so can i access that folder throught windows. i know this is not the right way to define any problem but u can understand that " im vry tensed' pls help me out.
pls help me soon coz i cant study with tensed mind.
help.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Don't panic. You do ramble on a bit :) - understandable under the circumstances. But if I understood correctly, you have not yet formatted your D: drive where your important files were, nor have you actually deleted those files. Is that right ?

If that's correct, the safest way for you would be to take your hard disk and connect it as Slave or Secondary Master to a friend's computer that is running Win XP. You can then copy your files to another partition on your hard disk, or copy them to your friend's HD and write them out onto a CD.

If you have done a Quick Format of your D: drive, then there are data recovery tools to get them back. If you've done a Full Format, I'm afraid your data's gone. Only professional data recovery services with sophisticated techniques can get them back - at exhorbitant fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom