Pls help me to select a smartphone !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sainit

Journeyman
Hello Friends !!!

I want to purchase a phone and my only priority is that :-

Phone is able to display word, excel, pdf file and if possible user can edit them.

Pls tell me some good phone in cheapest price available in the market.

thanks

gmanog

Journeyman
e50 is the cheapest smart phone available, though you can not edit documents (word, excel, ppt, pdf), it can read them.
Price Rs. 10,200.

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --
There are office suites available for s60 phones that can edit word and excel files (not sure of the powerpoint have to check it out).

OP
S

sainit

Journeyman
Hello Friends,

Thanks for ur suggestions.

Personallly i like Motoming very much but this is not in my budget and E50 is a good feature rich phone, but i have heard some where that Hardware quality of this phone is not good and Font size is also very very small.

So guys do u have any other option except this. BTW E50 without camera is available in India or not can u confirm me ??

Thanks

Pathik

Google Bot
i have a e50.... the font is big enuf to be seen properly... some ppl find it small...
its a value for money fone... + u ll get micro sd cards for very cheap... so in 10.75k i got a e50 + a 1gb micro sd...
btw u can install quickoffice in any s60 fone..

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
Wait for the iPhone to release here. It is the best.

Even though you may not be able to pay the $499 price, other smart phones will probably drop their prices.

Be fair and wait till iPhone arrives here, and then make your decision.

gmanog

Journeyman
nepcker said:
Wait for the iPhone to release here. It is the best.

Even though you may not be able to pay the $499 price, other smart phones will probably drop their prices.

Be fair and wait till iPhone arrives here, and then make your decision.

$499 for locked phones with two years contract and unlocked version is expected to be around $599. That is approximately Rs. 26300, this is US price, Indian prices will be much higher. More over even in US the phone is going to be available only around June 2007 for sales. Apple is planning to introduce this phone in asian market only in the year 2008, may be second or third qurter.
Do you think its worth waiting for a phone so long? :shock: :shock: :shock:
almost all the functions claimed by the apple to be available in the iphone is already available in smartphones.
Think about the smart phones going to be introduced in the year 2008, may be they will be way ahead of iphone.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
^^^price will be come down when 3G will start in india, but no one know when it will, read somewhere that then minimum 3G supported phone will be available in 5k... wait for those time :p :p

BTW 3230 and 6600 is the lowest available samrtphone in the market, but its not recommended for such work....:( take E50

Last edited:

gmanog

Journeyman
Tech.Masti said:
^^^price will be come down when 3G will start in india, but no one know when it will, read somewhere that then minimum 3G supported phone will be available in 5k... wait for those time :p :p

what is that iphone has to do with introduction of 3g in India?
I don't get your point, how iphones price will come down if the 3g is introduced in India?

OP
S

sainit

Journeyman
Friends thanks for ur suggestion.

I think E50 will suit me.
But i didnot need camera so i dont want to pay for it.
Do u know without camera is available or not in India, if yes then where i lives in Gurgaon and what it will cost around.

Thanks

Pathik

Google Bot
E50 is available wit camera only in india.. E50 1 isnt available.. Btw iphone doesnt hav 3g at all..

e50 2 ll cost u arnd 10.2k

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom