Pls Help Me Buy A Good Router...

ksagar7up

Broken In
Hey guys,,
I want to buy a router,,,

Basically I run my PC 24*7 for dwnlds....and I have Fibre Optic Local Cable Internet Connection.
and not the BSNL one...which i directly insert it into my LAN card in pc.. no modem till now or anything else..

And b4 sayin anythin stupid, let me tell you that Im "Technically" illiterate unlike u all Experts...

So pls bear my dumb questions and help me....

Now wat I basicallly wanna do is I wanna share my internet connection with
1. My PC (Will it be ok if i Ran it for 24*7 with the router will it get much HEated?)
2. My Laptop.
3. My 2 SmartPhones...
4. My TV (SOny Bravia 42w800a)-Has inbuilt wifi....

at one and same time....

Also i wanna ask you if I can browse the Media files in my TV with this router to
play movies on tv w/o any Spider web of Wires?

Also I wanna tel u that my Internet Provider told me to buy DSL router and not ADSL router...
So as u read above u might have known that Im Ph.D holder in not knowin anythin and that
implies to the above statement of internet provider...so wats the diff. between them...
help me get descent router and suggest me some gud models with approx. price...

Thank You....

My range shud be abt 1500-1800 sq. foot..

I dont belive this ...no reply in TDF till now...

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^You could have simply reported to move it.

1. My PC (Will it be ok if i Ran it for 24*7 with the router will it get much HEated?)
2. My Laptop.
3. My 2 SmartPhones...
4. My TV (SOny Bravia 42w800a)-Has inbuilt wifi....

1) No problem as such of heating.
2,3,4) Yes, without any issues.

Also i wanna ask you if I can browse the Media files in my TV with this router to
play movies on tv w/o any Spider web of Wires?

I guess you want to access your movies from your TV, stored in your PC. This should be possible if your PC is configured as a NAS.

Also I wanna tel u that my Internet Provider told me to buy DSL router and not ADSL router...
So as u read above u might have known that Im Ph.D holder in not knowin anythin and that
implies to the above statement of internet provider...so wats the diff. between them...

A layman's explanation can be- ADSL is a type of connection needing a phone line while DSL doesn't. For more Google ;).

So Mr. Ph.D holder :p, you should go for TP Link TL-WR841N. It will complete your purpose.

Top Bottom