proof,fast with large screen area and a masterpiece of
luxury.

Some more Probs.
1) Why does my 16X DVD reading CD's at
52X copy a full CD in 40 minutes?
2) I can't find Disk Management anywhere
in the Control Panel.What to do?How do I create
another taskbar on the desktop?How do I go about
configuring Reliance Phone as a modem in Linux?
3) How to convert *.wav into *.mp3/*.ogg
and *.dat(VCD format) into *.mpg/*.mpeg? How to split
a VCD into particular parts of certain length?Is there
any software which can load the rest of CD except
scratches or corrupt data? (All should be freewares)

Thanx.anyone,pleasee help me.
Ranjodh

samrat_chak1

Broken In
For the partition stuff you must have a bootable win-me floppy or cd. boot from the disk and run fdisk. you will see the partitions of your hard drive there. run through the options and make the free partitions as a logical drive under your secondary partition. restart the computer and then format the drive using the format command in dos mode again booting from the bootable disk. You now will be able to use the new drive.
The config according to me for a 75k pc would be- A 19-21 inch monitor, 3.2 ghz presscott,915 intel motherboard,2 x 512mb 400mhz ram, 120gb hdd,a 16x dvd-drive, a 52x,32x,52x cd writer, creative audigy2 platinum sound card,creative 7.1 speakers, ati radeon 9800 pro graphics card, microsoft keyboard and optical mouse,and other miscelleneous things as fdd,web cam, mic,headphones,modem,ups etc which are important too.
1) Your dvd reading cds at that speed is not the culprit but it may be your hard drive that is slow or the cds you are reading are corrupt. try defragging your hard drive.
3)To convert wav to mp3 or ogg use audacity. Its a freeware. to convert to mp3s use must have a file called lame_enc.dll which can be found with any lame mp3 encoders. And for converting dats to mpegs use virtual dub. also a freeware. You can convert videos to as many formats as available on your pc. virtual dub also splits videos. To load from corrupt cds use isobuster. All these files can be found on www.download.com .

theraven

Technomancer
dude
dont use words like future prrof and master piece of luxury
its just barely possible
specially in 75k
anyways ... i suggest an amd system
maybe the new 939's ... the amd 2500+ and above not sure abt the price ... lets catch 14k and move on shall we ?
an asus mobo ... for ard 8-9k built on the nforce 3 for now
get a nice sound card ... audigy if ur gonna set up a 5.1 speaker system audigy 2 if u want a 6.1/7/1 setup will cost u ard ... 13k for the audigy 2? i think and sub 8 for audigy
get a graphics card .. minimym a 9800 pro for 14.5k
a cd writer 1.8k
cordless kbd/mouse if u cant for 3850 or normal for 1100
then min 2* 80 gb sata drives in raid confi .. ard 8k
17" monitor flat for 7.5 k
an atx cabinet with min 400 w SMPS 2.5k
creative 5.1/6.1/7.1 speakers ... or whatever u fancy ranging from 8k-30k ( :lolz: )
and if u can fit in the budget u can go in for a better graphics card and even a dvd writer ... (depends on what config u decide to buy )
for the rest ... phew .. well for the cideo conversion u can search the forum
there are a lot of sites
same for audio conversion .. u can look it up on download.com or google it
as for ur dvd/cd probem .. thaeres somethin weird cant figure it out
for more taskbars customization etc u need software like desktopx, objectbar etc
have a look at www.wincustomize.com

sailendra

Journeyman
ranjodh,
Thats a lot to ask in One POST!

*EDIT* oops! sORRY for the BLunder! I was under the impression u were using Windows XP!

I am not much of a gamer, so may be others can give you a better idea of what PC config to buy!

Regarding the second part of your question, if u mean create another toolbar - that's simple. Right Click the taskbar and select Toolbars->New Toolbar. A window pops up asking you to select a folder. The Files / Folders inside that will be the contents of the toolbar. Drag the newly created toolbar out of the taskbar. You should get your toolbar.
For configuring Reliance phone under Linux:
*www.hackgnu.org/ril-howto.html

3. For converting to .mp3 / ogg you can try dbPowerAmp music converter. Google it to get the link. For converting vcd (*.dat) to mpg, use VCDGear - a great freeware tool. Again Google it 8)

G

HEY MAN HE IS USING WIN98 AND THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS
ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS IN IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom