Please suggest a Laptop under 22K

crazylamhe

Broken In
My friend wants to buy a Laptop at around 22k, at max 23K. Please suggest me the best in this range ASAP. Thanks :)
Questions:

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Notebook

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: HP, Dell, Hcl
b. Dislike: Asus, Toshiba

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
She's a college student -- No Gaming, basic multimedia tasks at max. Preferably LED Display

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Immaterial -- LED display would be a Big YES

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Buying from Local Store :/

thegrinreaper

Broken In
Your budget is pretty low for a laptop.. Getting Windows 7/8 to run efficiently would be a problem.

A 10" android tablet should be a better choice.

My pick :
Nexus 10 tablet.( you will have to get it on eBay or order from the US,)

Samsung galaxy tab.( a really good locally available tablet )

n3rd

In the zone
HP Pavilion G6-1318AX Laptop (APU Dual Core A4/ 2GB/ 320GB/ DOS/ 1.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com
LED, 23K, fine for multimedia purposes or even some moderate gaming.

Would recommend raising your budget slightly and going for:
HP Pavilion G6-2302AX Laptop (APU Dual Core A4/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

Comes with Win 8, 4GB Ram.

OP
crazylamhe

crazylamhe

Broken In
Your budget is pretty low for a laptop.. Getting Windows 7/8 to run efficiently would be a problem.

A 10" android tablet should be a better choice.

My pick :
Nexus 10 tablet.( you will have to get it on eBay or order from the US,)

Samsung galaxy tab.( a really good locally available tablet )

Actually, a low-budget laptop is what's required. but thanks for the idea anywayz, I'll recommend it to my friend :)

HP Pavilion G6-1318AX Laptop (APU Dual Core A4/ 2GB/ 320GB/ DOS/ 1.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com
LED, 23K, fine for multimedia purposes or even some moderate gaming.

Would recommend raising your budget slightly and going for:
HP Pavilion G6-2302AX Laptop (APU Dual Core A4/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

Comes with Win 8, 4GB Ram.
Thanks n3rd ! I went through that on Flipkart(both of them). But the big question is, are they good enough ! I mean, cheap and good never go hand-in-hand, but there must be a silverline .. do they make the deal, or is there some better alternative ??

n3rd

In the zone
Actually, a low-budget laptop is what's required. but thanks for the idea anywayz, I'll recommend it to my friend :)

Thanks n3rd ! I went through that on Flipkart(both of them). But the big question is, are they good enough ! I mean, cheap and good never go hand-in-hand, but there must be a silverline .. do they make the deal, or is there some better alternative ??

The HP G6-2302AX is really fine - it's AMD not Intel, but since she's not using it for any resource intensive tasks, should do just fine. It can handle some moderate gaming too, so its good enough to cover her requirement and some. :)
Oh, I didn't recommend tablets since tablets are not laptop replacements.

Top Bottom