Please help this Bhutanese Dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
bhutanesedude

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
By the way, this is my window's Desktop so that you get few idea of which version I am using. Find it here *www.ucdorji.siteburg.com/images/desktop.JPG

Last edited:
OP
bhutanesedude

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
Dun you use Monitor with your CPU to see whats happening and to see the pictures? Click on the link and see the picture if you think u can help me

spironox said:
huh where is the desktop!

Last edited:

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
bhutanesedude said:
Dun you use Monitor with your CPU to see whats happening and to see the pictures?

Listen first u dont post the image then u remember and then do a edited re-post and suddenly such idiotic lines ...ahmm dont test our nerves dude !

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
are you sure you are formating and then putting a clean install on? according to your Hijackthis log you have a few missing files. Also is your norton product corporate? and did you install it after or b4 spybot? how often do u run spy bot and how many threats does it usually pick up?

OP
bhutanesedude

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
Yes, as far as I am known to, I have formatted my HARD DISKS using NTFS formatting system, and yes, Right now I am using Symantec Antivirus, and about spybot, I used before I installed in my previous version of windows and even now I am using it. When I clean it with SPYBOT, it shows about 7 threats and about 2-4 it is colored red.

Liggy said:
are you sure you are formating and then putting a clean install on? according to your Hijackthis log you have a few missing files. Also is your norton product corporate? and did you install it after or b4 spybot? how often do u run spy bot and how many threats does it usually pick up?

Liggy

spybot and norton don't play together nicely, you may be getting conflict with them. Norton could be causing the problem of not installing, otherwise it could be permissions which are a pain in the... if you do a clean boot (disable all startup items non microsoft servies) can you still install, try downloading MS's later windows nstaller 3.1 ( *www.microsoft.com/downloads/detail...FC-5F56-4A38-B838-DE776FD4138C&displaylang=en )

OP
bhutanesedude

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
Thanks Liggy, adn yap, maybe that might be the problem, Now I am using SPYBOT S&D with Symantec AV. Everything is perfect and no error at all. My PC is fully fresh and resolved but I am afraid that virus of SPYWARES would get into my System anytime without notice to me, so which SPYWARE would you recommend me to install which we can download for free?

Liggy said:
spybot and norton don't play together nicely, you may be getting conflict with them. Norton could be causing the problem of not installing, otherwise it could be permissions which are a pain in the... if you do a clean boot (disable all startup items non microsoft servies) can you still install, try downloading MS's later windows nstaller 3.1 ( *www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=889482FC-5F56-4A38-B838-DE776FD4138C&displaylang=en )

anandk

Distinguished Member
might sound drastic, but uninstall norton (using the nortons uninstall utility); instal kaspersky or even freeware avast. also i prefer avg antispyware or a-squared anti-malware, instal one of them. update both. scan ur pc in safemode/boottime with them. run ccleaner from www.ccleaner.com

now if this dznt help, get ur hijackthis logfile aut-analysed at www.hijackthis.de

Liggy

I don't think I should be the one you ask. Honestly I have had it with all those scanners(Iused to work for symantec), and would not recommend anything from symantec, it is just a resource hog.. A lot of people here seem to prefer kaspersky. I am connected to a router, so there is my firewall, I run the online scan from ewido.net every week. and if I am suspecting something hijackthis. most virus's are target the AV software now, then your system.
Mind you I get infected a lot, cuz the wife likes my computer better then the old one I gave her! there are many threads about which AV scanner to use, try using the forum search.

OP
bhutanesedude

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
Guys I am using BPS Spyware Remover and now everything is fine. BPS is best for me....no spyware and even no virus...My system is safe now....thanks a lot for your support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom